• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

between the rides maintenance

krysFly

Pro
In the off season, I do a lot of maintenance to my sled, however once i start riding, I just put gas and go
Is there anything you guys do in between rides during winter?

i spray lube on all the ball joints after every ride, seems to make them last a longer. grease it every 500kms and keep it clean. wash it after every ride if it gets salt/sand on it and it will last longer.

i spray lube on all the ball joints after every ride, seems to make them last a longer. grease it every 500kms and keep it clean. wash it after every ride if it gets salt/sand on it and it will last longer.

yamariv said:
Whats the best type of lube you guys use on the balljoints?

I Like to use Fluid Film. You can get it at Chinese tire. (Canadian tire). Works very well and seems to hold up longer than other spray on lubes. I also like to grease the skid and inspect my clutches and belt after every ride or two. I normally give the whole sled a look over for loose parts and bolts. I have found my upper ball joints starting to loosen up a time or two. Spending a half hour looking over your sled in a nice warm garage sure beats the hell out of spending a few hours in a cold snow bank trying to fix a problem not to mention ruining a precious day of riding.

I check my track tension and alignment weekly.....i run it pretty loose, so I'm always keeping an eye on it....grease my skid weekly.... nytro nork said it best, half and hour in a warm garage is way better than a break down on the side of the trail....

Back