• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spring Maintenance all done

sideshowBob

Lifetime Member
I just completed spring maintenance on my SW and put the sled away ready to ride next winter. Feels good to have it all done.
I had most of the sled dismantled to check bearings, bushings, hoses, clamps, wiring ect ect.
I was amazed at how good every thing looked and never found anything that really needed immediate replacement.
As well as normal maintenance I did some upgrades some of them that I had been putting off for the last few years.
-BOP auxilary rad/fan kit
-Dasa racing billet water pump impellar
-adjustable fuel pressure regulator
-DMC top gear bushing
-2022+ updated drive shaft installed with both BOP shaft saver and bearing
-PEFI chain case adjuster
-ect ect

sled 1.JPG
sled2.JPG
sled3.JPG
sled4.JPG
sled5.JPG

I just completed spring maintenance on my SW and put the sled away ready to ride next winter. Feels good to have it all done.
I had most of the sled dismantled to check bearings, bushings, hoses, clamps, wiring ect ect.
I was amazed at how good every thing looked and never found anything that really needed immediate replacement.
As well as normal maintenance I did some upgrades some of them that I had been putting off for the last few years.
-DMC top gear bushing
-ect ect

View attachment 172602View attachment 172603View attachment 172604View attachment 172605View attachment 172606
Nice work!! Feels good to have it done?

Awesome! Now I'm jealous!!!

Bob nice work. will you come do mine for me?
I have had some medical issues and am not able to work on my sleds yet.

Nice work! I started last weekend with my groups sleds. Dropped suspensions and removed front shocks from 6 sleds. My shocks from the Sidewinder and Viper are in Cannondales hands currently for service. Then removed a bad heat exchanger out of my nephews 14 Viper. So it's a start!

Dropped shocks off at rebuilder last night. He's four weeks out! Normally two.

I've gotten most of my jobs done, split the caliper and got all the nasty disgusting crud out. Spent the 20 mins bleeding the caliper and then decided I may want to check the drive shaft bearing.

One roller had some rust on it. Awesome. Have to pull all that stuff out again and pull the bearing. 5700 miles and replacing it with an skf.

-DMC top gear bushing
-ect ect

View attachment 172602View attachment 172603View attachment 172604View attachment 172605View attachment 172606

What kind of instructions did the water pump impeller come with (I'd be curious about getting a copy to see what the job entailed)?

Looks good Bob! Definitely getting me in the mood to start turning wrenches and tackling the bigger projects I have in mind for my SideWinder!

What kind of instructions did the water pump impeller come with (I'd be curious about getting a copy to see what the job entailed)?

Looks good Bob! Definitely getting me in the mood to start turning wrenches and tackling the bigger projects I have in mind for my SideWinder!
The impeller did not come with any instructions. I searched on the forum and found some good tips on the steps required.

for example:

After doing all the spring maintenance/improvements on my SW I never had a chance to ride it as the season was over. I rolled the sleds out this past week and got a chance to run the SW after the BOP auxiliary rad install.
Fortunately no leaks!
We have very little snow on our property, just enough to drive the sled on and temperature is right around freezing. With very little snow for cooling[1 3/4" track], no scratchers, slow riding and intentional idling the sled never went above 180F. The aux fan included in the kit cut in @ 180 and the sled stayed at that temp for the time I idled it. In the past the sled would have gone into limp mode under the same conditions.
Its all good!

After doing all the spring maintenance/improvements on my SW I never had a chance to ride it as the season was over. I rolled the sleds out this past week and got a chance to run the SW after the BOP auxiliary rad install.
Fortunately no leaks!
We have very little snow on our property, just enough to drive the sled on and temperature is right around freezing. With very little snow for cooling[1 3/4" track], no scratchers, slow riding and intentional idling the sled never went above 180F. The aux fan included in the kit cut in @ 180 and the sled stayed at that temp for the time I idled it. In the past the sled would have gone into limp mode under the same conditions.
Its all good!

Good to hear!

Back