• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Black 2003 RX1 can't have reverse?

I spoke with someone with a 2003 RX1 in black. He said the black ones were not available with reverse. Is this true? Any reason for that??

Can reverse be added to the black sled, or did it have other options that did not allow the use of rev.

Thanks,
MJB

It wasn't a factory option but you can add it. For the record, it isn't black, it's Gray 8)

Real Black didn't come along until 04 :D

TurboMike, Mighty is right. You could not get reverse on a black RX-1 even if you snowchecked one; just was not a factory option. Probably a marketing ploy in them thinking that maybe the black would be more popular and then them make money on their OEM reverse kit considering they were charging over three times the cost if you added it as an option on the blue and silver ones. I have an 03 and added the reverse kit. No limitations what so ever with the reverse kit being installed on black RX-1. ;)!

Lazy, No you didn't hurt my feelings. I have a black/gray sled. I simply didn't need the reverse. However, I'd like to believe there is performance in it, but I didn't care for the blue. There definately isn't any comfort in it, so I won't even think about red.

What does it mean to have a black and blue sled like mine? It started as a blue '03, but thanks to a crash, it now has a black hood. Hmmm, since I didn't want to spend the money on a new hood and bought a used black one, I guess black DOES say cheap! Maybe I'll confuse people when I put my sled in reverse. :moon:

Indy, did you have the dealer install it prior to taking delivery? I tried but to no avail could I get reverse on my black 03 ( in the shade it's black and when the sunlight hits it, it's got a black-greyish look due the metallic paint) when snowchecking it. The reverse was on backorder when I took delivery so even if my dealer wanted to have it installed before I picked it up, they were not able to do so. Then, when I found that even if I had the dealer install it, Yamaha would not allow their OEM reverse kit to be added onto Y.E.S. warranty I had purchased for the sled. They started off by saying any aftermarket part comes with a 90 warranty but then stated they could go up to a full year but that was all. I opted to install the kit myself. :?

When I first looked at the new 03 RX-1's I loved the black. Having to pay more for the reverse by getting the dealer to install it was a rip off by Yamaha.

The Black color is more like my new GMC truck. On it they call it Carbon Metalic. Looks awesome in the sunlight.

Black rx1 with reverse

Here's a picture of my black sled , but I put the reverse on myself plus a few other things, Ken.

Hers a picture of my BLACK 03 w/reverse. I thought it came w/ reverse, but I guess I was wrong according to you guys. It looks black in the sun and the shade. What color does look like to you?

BLACK IS THE FASTEST!

Attachments

• bill 016.jpg_scaled.jpg
    bill 016.jpg_scaled.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 2,133
  • bill 001.jpg_scaled.jpg
    bill 001.jpg_scaled.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 2,181
  • bill 007.jpg_scaled.jpg
    bill 007.jpg_scaled.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 2,133
  • bill 016.jpg_scaled.jpg