• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

black diamond relocator

xride said:
Have anyone tried this one? looks kinda interesting?
http://www.bd-xtreme.com/yamahanytroste ... stkit.aspx

I could almost guarantee that I would break that with one accidental casing of a jump or an endo over the handle bars... the reason I say that is because having a hinge point (u-joint) right behind the top steering post only gives you one point of leverage (which would make this weak point in this steering system) ive broke one steering post and bent one also this winter and this looks like this one wouldnt hold up to abuse... :die

nice shameless plugs for first posts too btw ;)! :home: :Rules:

hugger70mtnmax said:
What's the point when the OFT unit costs way less, is easier to install and is not going to break. No need to reinvent the wheel.

X2! Plus the OFT relocate provides more room for front mounted intercoolers.

I'm sure the BD Xtreme piece works well...but as already mentioned, it's twice the price of the OFT relocator. The OFT relocator is a beautiful piece ( almost too nice ) and has been proven to work perfectly, making it one of the top 5 Nytro mods of all time.

I want to try the BDX steering post relocator REALLY bad but I had already ordered the OFT relocator when it came out.
Why?
This design will allow your steering column to be 100% vertical. Meaning when you push forward on one side of the handlebars it will go straight forward and the opposite side will come straight back.

Even though the OFT relocator bridges a gap between horizontal steering and vertical steering it doesn't solve the above mentioned problem. When you push forward on one side of the handlebars they move forward and up, and the opposite side will come down and back.

What does this mean?
When holding a steep sidehill, you counter-steer making the handlebars move forward and up causing you to reach out when standing in the "wrong foot forward" position. Where if the handlebars were vertical they wouldn't cause you to reach when counter-steering, which allows your weight to be positioned further off the side of the sled.

Does this concern everyone? Nope not at all. Would it be something fun to try? Yes, I think the nytro with vertical steering might be a winning combination!

It's worth mentioning that the bushings that come with the OFT relocator alone, work wonders.

-Justin

justinkredible56 said:
I want to try the BDX steering post relocator REALLY bad but I had already ordered the OFT relocator when it came out.
Why?
This design will allow your steering column to be 100% vertical. Meaning when you push forward on one side of the handlebars it will go straight forward and the opposite side will come straight back.

Even though the OFT relocator bridges a gap between horizontal steering and vertical steering it doesn't solve the above mentioned problem. When you push forward on one side of the handlebars they move forward and up, and the opposite side will come down and back.

What does this mean?
When holding a steep sidehill, you counter-steer making the handlebars move forward and up causing you to reach out when standing in the "wrong foot forward" position. Where if the handlebars were vertical they wouldn't cause you to reach when counter-steering, which allows your weight to be positioned further off the side of the sled.

Does this concern everyone? Nope not at all. Would it be something fun to try? Yes, I think the nytro with vertical steering might be a winning combination!

It's worth mentioning that the bushings that come with the OFT relocator alone, work wonders.

-Justin

Good points - The steering setup on the stock Apex Mtn was heavy - but it was pretty much vertical. That is one thing I miss going from my old Apex to the Nytro. The OFT setup is a huge improvement and worth every cent IMO.

hugger70mtnmax said:
Try riding a new Summit or Cat. I am not a fan of the vertical steering post.

I have - I've ridden REV XPs, the new cat 800, and the Pro RMK too - I prefer a flat sweep of the bars from a vertical setup like my apex had. I already have $ spent on the OFT - so that is what I am going to stick with for at least one more season.

hugger70mtnmax said:

Both the summit xp and the new cat (except for some m8 packages) both have horizontal steering. The pro RMK is the only sled that comes with vertical steering across it's lineup. All the old M Series sleds have vertical steering as well.

justinkredible56 said:
hugger70mtnmax said:

Both the summit xp and the new cat (except for some m8 packages) both have horizontal steering. The pro RMK is the only sled that comes with vertical steering across it's lineup. All the old M Series sleds have vertical steering as well.

The cat snow pro's come with vertical, the regulars come with over the engine post. I would buy a non snow pro just for this reason. I have gotten too used to a over the engine post since 04 with a pro xr till now that it makes me feel like I am going to fall forward if I jump on a cat.

rlcofmn said:
justinkredible56 said:
hugger70mtnmax said:

The cat snow pro's come with vertical, the regulars come with over the engine post. I would buy a non snow pro just for this reason. I have gotten too used to a over the engine post since 04 with a pro xr till now that it makes me feel like I am going to fall forward if I jump on a cat.

That is exactly what I feel like riding these like I am going to fly over the bars at any point, it may just be something to get used to. There is only one sled that I have gotten on stock and it just felt awesome right out of the gate and that is the Pro RMK. That being said a lot of money later I don't think I would change anything to my Nytro besides trying to get more weight off of the nose.

Back