• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BLOW OFF VALVES ON TURBOS IS ANYONE USING THESE

hey isn't that a picture of a snow pro? What are about 24" off the groud? Did you have someone lay down to take that picture? If so he must have been brave!

Too bad they don't make BOV's for women! They give you too much crap BOOM the valve opens and there are out the exhaust! You could even get one that make a loud noise so other chicks know she's gone and there is an opening SWEET! LaLaLa

:yam:

That sounds interesting, I still had a few flame outs with rapid throttle release. I got used to it and just tried to ease out more but maybe I will look into that this year (Both MCX rearmounts)

bov's

A few specific questions

when using bov's

1. Do they effect the Air fuel or cause any carb conditions with missing or breaking up.

2. Do they help reduce or eliminate oil blow by the rings or out the crank case breather.

3. How quick does the turbo respool after blow off.

4. Specific brand and mounting preferences?

5. Any preferences on brand with the best blow off sound?

6. If yes any mounting recommendations or instructions on front mount style set up.

Anyone have a list of beinfits/drawbacks they have seen. Any photos of one installed?

Thanks
LANEO

Sledding rocks at 15psi !

Added a Turbo XS BOV to my Bender kit and would do it again in a heart beat. No more stacking.

I don't know if it changes the afr, maybe richer for a second or too as boost is going to the atomsphere. Can't see it helping with blow by because when its closed all the boost is going to the piston/rings. The reason for them is to keep the turbo spooled up, and the stacking effect of air coming back from the carb slides, with the open hole in the intake side allows the trubo to keep spining freely. Do a search on the web, there is too different kinds. You can get a real cheap one from VW for less than $50 cdn. Most are mounted somewhere close to the turbo outlet. I have on the intercooler and one between the intercooler and the turbo. It just it sound of air rushing out, I know there is different sounding ones, that didn't interest me as long as it got ride of the air. I think they are good to have as it stops the horrible noise the turbo makes without them. If you are going to run over 15lbs, get a good one that is adjustable and put to close to the turbo as possible.

I have one on a CPR turbo. It looks like the MCX setup, but instead of being on the clutch side like mcx, its mounted on the oil tank side. It took alot of work to make it work. Had to cut the end of the intercooler tank out, then made 3 pieces of alu. You will need to weld alu. I will try to get a pic for you. An easier setup it, weld a 1" nipple in the pipe from the turbo to the intercooler, then get a bov, run a vacuum line from the intake to it. I have both on mine, but lots of boost and run in the mountains. Which is on/off throttle all day. Now the turbo dosen't make the horrible sound anymore.

Back