• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Blowing off steam!!!!

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Mommy I want my soother.

I had to re-build my clutch after 3600 miles and my exhaust gasket's,WHA you should be re-building it after that much mileage. ;):D Sounds like lack of maintenance to me.Send this to the dog pile before I sh #$%&* t myself from laughter :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Sorry for your plight,I can be a bit of a #$%&* sometimes, but if you look at the service manual under clutch maintenance or re-build scheduale you will find your problem,Yamaha is not responcible for anyones lack of maintenance as per service manual interval's.

Groomerdriver said:
I am getting freakin' sick and tired of people on this site saying how bullet proof these sleds are. I've had more things go wrong on this sled than the 14 other sleds I've owned COMBINED!

TORS problem & recall
Jackshaft recall
Bad suspension shock
Main drive bearing (cut trip short)
Jackshaft bearing
Main bearing again
Numerous idler wheels
Clutch rebuild @ 3000 miles!!!!
Exhaust donuts - 3500 miles
Stator (left me stranded)
Exhaust donuts - 7300 miles
There's more but I'm so PO'd right now I can't think straight.

This is the first sled I've ever owned that forced me to cut a trip short. Also the first sled to leave me stranded on the trail.

Sure the engine will last 200 million miles but the rest of the sled is JUNK!

Bring it on blue boys if you want to get into a pissing contest. I am DONE with Yamaha's! Die #$%&* Head Bang

I'm not saying that Doo, Poo or Cat is any better or worse, but I have NO confidence in my sled not breaking on a week long saddlebag trip. What's next...a broken driveshaft? I'm a grandpa touring rider, not a ditchbanger.

Oh yea...it's a 2005 Vector ER.

Two sets of exhaust donuts at 7300 miles....gimme a break! And don't some of you call it routine maintenance :moon: because anybody who knows jack about sleds knows this is not ROUTINE! :tg:

If this is the first sled to ever leave you stranded of 14 sleds you have owned, I would say you have alot better luck than most, no matter what brand. I don't know of anyone that has had more than a dozen sleds and hasn't been stranded at one point. Also, if you are saying the other three brands are no better or worse, than I guess my advice I was going to give you to sell the yamaha, and try another brand, would be useless. Good luck to you on whatever you decide to do.

Groomerdriver said:
I am getting freakin' sick and tired of people on this site saying how bullet proof these sleds are. I've had more things go wrong on this sled than the 14 other sleds I've owned COMBINED!
So now that you have vented your frustration, did this help?

What do you want from this thread? Are you looking for constructive feedback or is it just a biotch? If the latter, then the thread is on its way to the Dog Pile.

towerrigger said:

This is what I expected from some on this site. Yamaha's are the the greatest ever, and I don't want to hear anything else.

You are CLUELESS to sledding overall!

mntvipermn said:
jlemieu1 said:
dog pile???

X2.... Go bring this whine session to Snowest, where you'll have plenty of sympathizers......

If you don't like your sled, go sell it. You have a 4-5 year old sled with really high miles. Nobody cares to hear your whining.

Bring positive things to this site, not this garbage.

Mike

High miles?? 7300? You gotta be kidding me.

BTW GFY!

mine always starts on the first revolution, but once it made 2 revolutions, so instead of going rr brbrbr it went rr rr brbrbrbr. other than that its been good, guess I'll keep it for now

Groomerdriver,

Unlike the trolls we've recently sent to the dogpile, you have had a solid past on this forum. You made 4 posts to this thread 45 minutes after SwissSledder's post asking if you were done with your vent.

So we ask again, are you done now?
:dunno:

Sledding is expensive, frustrating at times that's for sure.:exc:

When its good...its good.

Yamaha doesn't have a simple machine. More parts/electronics..more chances of issues.

YAMAHA IS NOT THE BEST OVERALL that's for sure. But there motor is why I am staying.

Good luck.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it hard to take a complaint seriously when cartoon emoticons are used to support the message.

This posting does raise the question; why have you continued to spend your money on something that seems to piss you off so vigorously?

Back