• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Blue Anti-freeze?

trail traveler

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 sr viper s-tx-dx
2014 Venture MP
2016 RS Venture
2017 sr viper x-tx
3- 1990's era Arctic Cat prowlers
Does any one know what engine coolant I need to replace in the wife's 2014 Venture MP? We went for a ride today and needed to tow a sled 10+ miles back to the Sno-park. When we arrived we left her sled run as we made preparations to get the dead sled in the trailer. Her sled suddenly erupted blue coolant all over the ground under her sled. I need to find out what happened and make the necessary repairs. Any additional thoughts about this situation would be useful. Thanks, Trail Traveler:dunno:

Yamaha coolant is blue, comes premix in the bottle... if you don't want to mix coolants which probably isn't a good thing to do, go to your dealer they should have it, comes in one litre/quart bottles...

I'm with Fabio, for as often and as little I need coolant I'll stick with Yamaha, especially when just topping up. I'd also consider not restoring the mixture to original strength(which is excessive) and add RedLine Water Wetter(which slightly improves coolant heat transfer efficiency). I hope someone has something to say about the geyser, I haven't heard of that. It may be possible that your cap was not on securely or it has failed somehow. Did the sleds warning light come on. Mine has been on a few times and I've never lost fluid.

I see you have a Viper, good thing your wife has an MP in case there is any heavy lifting to do.

It has been talked about in other model sections. No definitive answer as to what type it is and what it could be mixed with but from this discussion, it may be the same as Honda and BMW blue coolant:
http://ty4stroke.com/threads/blue-coolant.120221/

Yamaha coolant is blue, comes premix in the bottle... if you don't want to mix coolants which probably isn't a good thing to do, go to your dealer they should have it, comes in one litre/quart bottles...
Thanks Fabio, I'll try to make a phone call tomorrow to the dealer

I'm with Fabio, for as often and as little I need coolant I'll stick with Yamaha, especially when just topping up. I'd also consider not restoring the mixture to original strength(which is excessive) and add RedLine Water Wetter(which slightly improves coolant heat transfer efficiency). I hope someone has something to say about the geyser, I haven't heard of that. It may be possible that your cap was not on securely or it has failed somehow. Did the sleds warning light come on. Mine has been on a few times and I've never lost fluid.

I see you have a Viper, good thing your wife has an MP in case there is any heavy lifting to do.
I'm not sure about warning light as wife was doing the driving. The location of this massive leak/burst seems to have occurred very low near the radiator.(cap was tight, no issue there) I need to do further investigating to pinpoint the issue. Too tired and frustrated by end of day to get an answer.

It has been talked about in other model sections. No definitive answer as to what type it is and what it could be mixed with but from this discussion, it may be the same as Honda and BMW blue coolant:
http://ty4stroke.com/threads/blue-coolant.120221/
Mooseman, here is the only info I could find from my Yamaha manual. Coolant type: High quality silicate-free ethylene glycol antifreeze containing corrosion inhibitors. Ratio: 60%:40% Capacity: 3.70 L or 3.81 US qt. Yamaha was not specific about manufacturer name brand.

Back