• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bog when accelerating... HELP!

apexg88

Pro
Starting out from a start with hard acceleration as if racing when I punch the throttle the sled boggs quickly and then accelerates.. it even does this when i bring up the rpms just before engagement, hold there, then punch it.

Very frustrating because when racing another apex they always get a sled length on me..

Anyone know a reason for this?
The sled is stock.

apexg88 said:
Starting out from a start with hard acceleration as if racing when I punch the throttle the sled boggs quickly and then accelerates.. it even does this when i bring up the rpms just before engagement, hold there, then punch it.

Very frustrating because when racing another apex they always get a sled length on me..

Anyone know a reason for this?
The sled is stock.

how long have you been riding it this season?....is this the first ride out?

just mentioned that cause mine did that one season for the first few rides bigtime......it was the season i FOGGED the motor in spring before i put it away.....took awhile to work itself out for some reason,but then was fine.

might be poor gas,or maybe come residue buildup in fuel system first few rides.

if you have been riding all along fine,and it just started acting up....then it is something else.

Dan

It actually started at the end of the season last year.. my original thought was from the lovely ethanol gass that there feeding us now but i put high test in it and it didnt really clear it up.

I have this slight bog on my new 09 LTX (900mi). I have only had it out once so far. I Just changed the plugs to the CR10EK and I have not been out yet to test it. However, while running it on the stand it stills seems to be there. The stock plugs appeared to be on the dark side opposed the the tan/brown color. Last time I rode the sled it was minus 20 or so with the windchill. When riding in the real cold temps the sled should run leaner right? Im thinking I need to lean it out some? Belt looks fine as that was the first thing I checked.

Mine had this stock, would burble and bark back thru the airbox when you stabbed the throttle real fast from a low RPM or idle.
Fixed it by going to +10 on the CO settings. Might want to try that!

I was having a slight issue with this, Mine is so slight that it almost sounds like a bass drum being hit once. Its like a fraction of a second and its just like a bubble or something. Gunna mess with my CO settings friday.

Forgot to mention that i opened up the airbox lid.. co settings should do it.. going to mess around with that tonight

Back