• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Factory wastegate crack pressure

How much increased performance are you experiencing after adding washers…

Adding 2 washers got him back to the stock 9 lbs of boost. Adding washers is like tightening up the wastegate on say a garret turbo, each turn was about a pound of boost, but because the ECU controls the boost cut if you set it up much more that the tune is set for you could likely hit the boost cut. The boost cut is there for safety. When you hit the boost cut, the machine will shut off and come back on once the boost get back under that boost cut. Most all the tunes are designed for 9 lbs. of wastegate crack pressure unless you have the bigger wastegate.

He did this as his tunes were down on boost.

Adding 2 washers got him back to the stock 9 lbs of boost. Adding washers is like tightening up the wastegate on say a garret turbo, each turn was about a pound of boost, but because the ECU controls the boost cut if you set it up much more that the tune is set for you could likely hit the boost cut. The boost cut is there for safety. When you hit the boost cut, the machine will shut off and come back on once the boost get back under that boost cut. Most all the tunes are designed for 9 lbs. of wastegate crack pressure unless you have the bigger wastegate.

He did this as his tunes were down on boost.
I assume he was experiencing a loss of performance based on lower boost numbers with all tunes… Thank you for the reply…

I assume he was experiencing a loss of performance based on lower boost numbers with all tunes… Thank you for the reply…

That would be correct. His boost number was down from where it should have been so he checked the crack pressure and found it low. My guess is the spring may have broke internally in the actuator or somehow went bad like that.

Back