• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bolt On's for best performance?

T T Bone

Extreme
What is needed and makes a difference between , performance, quality, and reliability ;)! I have picked my muffler from Aean. Thanks again for the help. Taking my machine to Highlands in Countryside Il. tomorrow am for the first service 440 miles. I know I can service it myself but while it is under warranty. Hopefully they will set my center shock for me also? After March it is all mine for more HP. I have a Club president with 18,000 miles on his Ski-doo. I hope to see many more miles on my Nytro 4-stroke. Still not happy with the high center feeling. :rocks:

im sure you will get a plethra of answers and suggestions on this topic....

as for most of us we all have some or all of these mods

my sled for instance has the majority of what alan ulmer sells

depending on what your looking for

header (or full exhaust system) excell??
power commander
filter kit
yamaheater
clutching
etc..

most of what we all have work in conjunction with other peices of the puzzle

depending on your budget u can go with a pretty simple set up like i listed above for a couple grand all the way to a full blown turbo or supercharger set up

all I know is you have a great foundation to build upon and should enjoy many trouble free miles on that sled

good luck

(hows that for no bashing)

Jammie

Last two years i had a 09 xtx stock except for clutch kit and ultra q muffler. Lots of power...well this year i bought a 2011 Nytro MTX. Put a pc3, excell header, k&n air filters, Drag and flys clutch kit, and barker exhaust....wow what a difference. Like everyone said it depend how much you wanna spend.

phatkid said:
im sure you will get a plethra of answers and suggestions on this topic....

as for most of us we all have some or all of these mods

my sled for instance has the majority of what alan ulmer sells

depending on what your looking for

header (or full exhaust system) excell??
power commander
filter kit
yamaheater
clutching
etc..

most of what we all have work in conjunction with other peices of the puzzle

depending on your budget u can go with a pretty simple set up like i listed above for a couple grand all the way to a full blown turbo or supercharger set up

all I know is you have a great foundation to build upon and should enjoy many trouble free miles on that sled

good luck

(hows that for no bashing)

Jammie

Thank You Jammie. Good, honest advice is always appreciated :Rockon:
I would love to turbo my sled but you see in my sig I have a turbo money pit already :flag: Simple add/ bolt on's are all I need to get this pig to run like the 2-stroke sleds I was used too. It has the torque not enough pep I think? I know there are plenty of vendors selling parts out there also. I would rather deal with one or two trusted vendors, you guys have dealt with ;)! That is why I am here and you guys have been very helpful with many questions I have posted. Once again :rocks: Thank you very much for your support.

T T Bone said:
What is needed and makes a difference between , performance, quality, and reliability ;)! I have picked my muffler from Aean. Thanks again for the help. Taking my machine to Highlands in Countryside Il. tomorrow am for the first service 440 miles. I know I can service it myself but while it is under warranty. Hopefully they will set my center shock for me also? After March it is all mine for more HP. I have a Club president with 18,000 miles on his Ski-doo. I hope to see many more miles on my Nytro 4-stroke. Still not happy with the high center feeling. :rocks:
Welcome .I think you'l get used to the high center of gravity. If not, there always an 02 SRX for sale somewhere.LOL LaLaLa

I gained nearly 15hp with the mods in my sig....noise reducer in...remove it and you can gain 4 more hp...it's a trail sled and you gain the benefit of never replacing donuts again.

I started with Aeen mufler. Now I have MCX 180 kit. It's a true bolt on kit. And it gives you + 50hp and whole lot's of torque.

Thank you All for suggestions. I will start with the stage1 clutch kit from Ulmer. I am going to wait on the exhaust. Might buy the complete Excell. Does it look alright with factory plastic?

Has anyone ever done engine mods such as raising the compression by planing the heads down a bit? Is it doable or even reliable? I'm sure it would add some good numbers if it could be done..

09NytroRTX said:
Hey Poleclimber, how does your sled sound/ run? I'm looking at doing almost that exact set up! love the sound of the barkers

It runs great! Its loud as hell though. When trail riding i usually put the core in to make it not so loud. There is a big difference between my last sled and this one.

Back