• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boondocker turbo kits ?

stephenpen

Expert
I have a line on a low mile boondocker turbo kit for an apex.
How well does the boondocker kit work. Is there anyhting I should look out for. I think its the smaller 25?? turbo. I would be flat land riding on pump gas. What kind of hp could I expect out of this kit.

if your riding lower elevations just on pump gas it should be a blast... its not going to make quite the power some of the large kits make, but should be plenty snappy, and the kits have been around for a while, so most of the tricks to keep them rocking are easy to find info on.

HP per # of boost like i said might be down a hair from the larger turbo setups, but coming off a non turbo sled its going to be a handful, especially on a trail sled. if you headshim it boost on pump gas should be more then i would know what to do with if i was stuck on trails.

Do I have to shim the head. If I don't shim it what would be the limit for boost. How easy is it to shim the head. I spend alot of time in the garage so I would like to do it myself.

IMO, at lower elevation for pump fuel the shim is a must.. if your mechanically inclined and take your time you can install one no problem. i had never taken a 4 stroke motor apart before and knocked mine out pretty easily.

play with the octane fuel calculator on the top to see what pump fuel could do for you with an without a shim.

WITH head shim 10-12 psi on fresh 91 octane pump gaz with proper tuning is okay...

more than that require MORE octane.

That is sea level

boondocker

i had one here in newlowell not very trail friendly at all . call me if you wont 705 424 9186 chris

a 2 gal tank of c16 would be good to I think... when tank is empty, you can empty the c16 in tank, then fill up with 87 octane and you should be good to go.

Back