• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boost Gauge & Mount

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 Yamaha Sidewinder X-TX LE 141
I've been looking to add a boost gauge to my SideWinder (just as one of those things to add - I wish Yamaha gave us one right from the factory). Since there doesn't appear to be an accessory vacuum port off the intake plumbing, I was looking at the Precision EFI silicone charge tubes, but I'm not sure about a gauge and mounts (stock boost is about 13 to 15 PSI, correct)? If possible, I'd like to install the gauge above the speedometer or tachometer instead of anywhere else to keep it looking clean. Since I'm running a stock powertrain, I don't care to install an AFR gauge.

Just get a tune, then you will have boost on the factory gauge. Plus you will have the added bonus of more power and better fuel mileage.

Travis at BOP making a GPS mount like the old OSP mounts that sit above the speedo/tach. Could be drilled to hold boost and/or other gauges. Just a thought.

I would love to get a tune, trust me - but so far, my chain case hasn't been able to handle the stock power.

I would love to get a tune, trust me - but so far, my chain case hasn't been able to handle the stock power.

So fix the chaincase. All you need to do is weld the roller screws and make sure you have the tensioner back off 1.5 turns. I and many others run around on the big tune all the time. Chaincase is fine once you weld the screws on the roller.

So fix the chaincase. All you need to do is weld the roller screws and make sure you have the tensioner back off 1.5 turns. I and many others run around on the big tune all the time. Chaincase is fine once you weld the screws on the roller.

I'm not sure that was the problem - I was hitting quite a few jumps and heard a bang followed by grinding. Pulled over to the side and found my secondary spinning while the sled was stationary (the nut holding the tensioner screw was still tight in the chain case). Sled was rideable, but we'll find out more when the dealership finishes the teardown and warranty work.

I'm not sure that was the problem - I was hitting quite a few jumps and heard a bang followed by grinding. Pulled over to the side and found my secondary spinning while the sled was stationary (the nut holding the tensioner screw was still tight in the chain case). Sled was rideable, but we'll find out more when the dealership finishes the teardown and warranty work.

Yea it was all that power that broke something.....nothing to do with jumping.
:rofl:

The chaincase can handle all the power you can pour thru the 998, trust me. You aren't going to tax it on any of the available tunes unless the rollers screws back out, or the top gear bushing goes bad. These are maintenance items that need checked every season when changing chaincase oil too.

100% do the require fixes and ride the carp out of it..lol !!
0 issues here!!man I launched my sled multiple times today on small hills on trails and landing with the throttle to the bar on my 300 header tune and sled almost ripped.my arms out of sockets..lol
Over 300 km today of hard riding!! Tomorrow she goes on lift and get a good inspection and back out Thursday riding the crap out of it

Last edited:
Technically the track never left the ground. If Yamaha advertises the SideWinder to pull small wheelies, I should be able to do the same.

Yea and Bill Clinton never inhaled.

My tracks only on the ground about half the time on bumpy trails. Not sure how you could be hitting jumps without the track leaving the ground? Sounds like backpedaling 2 me

Back