• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

boost gauge ????

I just T'd into the existing nipple on the intercooler of my Apex Stage-I with an adaptor T (different size nipples for different size hoses)... It's located between the #2-#3 throttle bodies and is used for the Fuel Controller signal... If you T into the intake manifold ports you will get vacuum and boost (good place to get your BOV signal) but I'm not sure if that would damage a gauge that was designed for pressure only or not... My 0-15psi VDO gauge is pressure only and not intended for use where vacuum is present... If you T into the intake manifolds you should use a gauge that is boost/vacuum compatible... Note that when you are reading boost off the intercooler the only time you get a manifold pressure reading is on a sustained wide-open-throttle run... Anything less than a sustained wide-open-throttle run and the throttle plates are reducing the airflow into the engine and you will only be "seeing" the intercooler pressure and not manifold pressure.

thanks hammer once again that was the explanation i was looking for. whats the cost of this bov that you have on your i/c and is this a highly recommended item for the throttle chop problem? opinions please

Back