• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BOP oil tank gasket testing video

hibshman25

Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx dx
2018 snoscoot
With a few reported leaky gaskets lately yesterday I decided to test a gasket from current stock just to see if there was any noticeable issues. I did not change suppliers but that doesn't mean material integrity may not have changed. Had no issues during my testing and put 50psi of pressure to it. Beings I spec it at 6 ft lbs, I'm wandering if it is too low on a 150 ft lbs wrench. On a 150lb wrench it may not yield as precise of a torque at such a low rating. I always use my inch lb wrench as its more precise on a lower rating. Maybe I need to encourage the 72 inch lb spec with an inch lb wrench??

Here is the video from my test yesterday.

Used inch lb wrench as well and I believe I went 78inch lbs( 6.5ft lbs). 3300ish miles last winter plus whatever new owner has done since purchase. Didnt have any issues.

What I've seen so far in terms of failures I would attribute to a Homemade ROV delete where the tip is solid with ice.
But we have to Blame Somebody. Sorry travis....
I watched your video the other day And was going to post it up to facebook But I didn't feel like that was my place.

I also used 72 inch pounds and have 5,000 miles or more on it so far with no issues whatsoever.

Several people on FB reported leaks but at least two of them were over torquing having read the service manual wrong.

Back