• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boss seat problem???

sheetwright

Northwoods Snowmobiling Facebook
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 Yamaha SRX
Anybody ever have a Boss seat show up to short? I ordered a midrise seat from a Boss dealer on the web, and had it shipped directly to the dealer that had my Apex apart. They went to put it on, and it ended up being 1-1/2" to short. They measured another Boss on one of their Apex's, and it was different. See these pics. Any ideas? Anything that could be wrong? The sled was extended to 136" by the previous owner, but that shouldn't of changed anything. I shot an email over to the supplier, and have not heard anything yet.

Attachments

• boss1.jpg
    boss1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 108
  • boss2.jpg
    boss2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 111
  • boss3.jpg
    boss3.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 106
  • boss4.jpg
    boss4.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 106

Matt got a hold of me, and is dealing with the dealer direct now. He said he will make it good. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a simple thing missed on our part. Thanks for the help guys ;)!

They make a Boss seat for the short track Apex's that use the stock taillight/exhaust setup????

Ding ding ding! We have a winner ;)! Even the darn dealer that sold it to me out of Utah didn't realize there was a difference in the seat length. The mountain is about 1-1/2" shorter. Who would of thunk :dunno: All I asked him was; does Boss sell a seat that fits the stock exhaust system, and he said he had one left. So I took it. I wil make it work instead since I have a fabrication shop at my disposal. Matt offered to take it back for nothing, and pay for the shipping. Which was a nice gesture, but I want to keep it. You guys will see it when it is done ;)! Boys and there toys

sheetwright said:
Ding ding ding! We have a winner ;)! Even the darn dealer that sold it to me out of Utah didn't realize there was a difference in the seat length. The mountain is about 1-1/2" shorter. Who would of thunk :dunno: All I asked him was; does Boss sell a seat that fits the stock exhaust system, and he said he had one left. So I took it. I wil make it work instead since I have a fabrication shop at my disposal. Matt offered to take it back for nothing, and pay for the shipping. Which was a nice gesture, but I want to keep it. You guys will see it when it is done ;)! Boys and there toys

How did you fab it up to make it work? I just ordered a hold over stock exhaust seat for my Attak. but I'm sure it'll be a tad short. Anyone have a good solution for filling in the void area where the seat come up a tad short?

The only place that had a gap was the top over the back. The gaps were where the little two voids are between the light and the two exausts. One piece of black gasket from the hardware store to cover up that gap worked perfect. The gap was maybe 1" in those two areas and about 1/2-3/4 in others. So a little strip of gasket and it worked great. The seat is very comfortable and solid.

Can you do a picture of the inside of the trunk?
Do Boss seats mount with the same bolts as the stock one?

sheetwright said:
Anybody ever have a Boss seat show up to short? I ordered a midrise seat from a Boss dealer on the web, and had it shipped directly to the dealer that had my Apex apart. They went to put it on, and it ended up being 1-1/2" to short. They measured another Boss on one of their Apex's, and it was different. See these pics. Any ideas? Anything that could be wrong? The sled was extended to 136" by the previous owner, but that shouldn't of changed anything. I shot an email over to the supplier, and have not heard anything yet.
Is this a taller seat ? ( meaning you sit up higher and have a little more leg room )

sheetwright said:
The only place that had a gap was the top over the back. The gaps were where the little two voids are between the light and the two exausts. One piece of black gasket from the hardware store to cover up that gap worked perfect. The gap was maybe 1" in those two areas and about 1/2-3/4 in others. So a little strip of gasket and it worked great. The seat is very comfortable and solid.

Thx Sheetwright. This post was great. Much appreciated. When the seat arrives and i get it installed I'll take pics. If mine also comes up short, I'll try your idea of black gasket to fill in the void areas, if need be. Incidentally, I know a place where they have 1 more of the seats left. They are just the mid rise version, not the high rise, all black. But it should be way better than stock.

sheetwright said:

Sheetright: Waht do you mean by black gasket? Like a rubber of some sort? Something that can be custom fit to size?

Thx!

They put black foam gasket with adhesive on one end on th elight assembley. Since the seat is black and the void between the exhaust and seat are also black it doesn't look bad at all IMO. Here are some pics

Attachments

• seat1.jpg
    seat1.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 118
  • seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    739.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG00130-20101215-1653.jpg
    IMG00130-20101215-1653.jpg
    653.6 KB · Views: 128

Back