• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

bought leftover 08

uofm

Expert
going to to extend it. Looking at 136 or 144. If i go with either one should i get the tipped up rails? Also will it be able to handle a 1.75 lug or should i go with 1.5 lug? I ride mostly in Northern Mi. 50% trail, 50% offtrail.

If you go with the 1.75 you will have to remove the tunnel protectors! This pic is a 09 XTX with a Camoplast Back Country 144X15X1.75 track under it! ;)!

Attachments

• IMG_1026.JPG
    IMG_1026.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 92
XTX, track options

scooter and others,
on a 09 XTX does anybody know if a 153" track will work with the stock tunnel?
I'd guess you'd need a tunnel extension kit to go 162" ????

Is the 1.75" track done with stock drivers? Will 2.00" lug fit or will you need smaller drivers for that?

Thanks

Re: XTX, track options

MinnBobber said:
scooter and others,

Is the 1.75" track done with stock drivers? Will 2.00" lug fit or will you need smaller drivers for that?

Thanks

Yes it had the stock drivers! Not sure on the 2" with stock drivers. As far as how much of a tunnel extension you would need to go to a 153" or a 162" is a good question. Might be a formula for figuring this out, perhaps one of the experts can chime in on this. ;)!

Re: XTX, track options

MinnBobber said:
scooter and others,

Thanks

I guess I dont understand why you want to extend the XTX to 153" or 162"? Why not just get an MTX?

Why XTX vs MTX

XTX has the new improved front end geometry AND the Yam GYTR clicker front shocks. Better to have if left stock or if one adds a Timbersled front end, the new geometry front will be much easier to sell to someone that wants to upgrade.

Same thing with XTX tunnel as it's the new improved, lighter, better looking tunnel. Better if you ride it stock Or if you add an aftermarket tunnel and are looking to sell the stock tunnel.

Stock MTX 153 track is poor so selling XTX 144 track or track + 144 skid will be much easier.

On an MTX 153" I'd likely make it a 162" like my current MTX so it may be better to start with the model with the best stock parts, the XTX.

Others are certainly free to pick MTX which will hopefully get the XTX upgrades in 2010...

If it were me, I would get the tunnel extension from the MTX that way everything would look factory. I would think you can order just the pieces you need as the tunnels are the same arn't they?

Yes, the 08' tunnel is different. Arn't they putting the 09' XTX and S.E. style tunnel of the 09' mtn? If not they should, makes sense. So what I'm getting at, is if the Mtn. has the same tunnel extension just longer you could use the mtn. one in place of the XTX one. Sorry for any confusion.

Back