• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

brake bleeding tips?

snowdad4

Lifetime Member
anyone have any hot tips on bleeding brake system? i rebuilt the master cylinder because it was leaking. now i cant seem to build any pressure. this is on a mid nineties big bear. HELP!

well the times i have had to bleed my uncles big bear (1992) i needed to use a vacume bleeder. they sell a hand pump one at most auto parts stores. it is a pita job any way you have to attempt it.

another way to do it is to put the bleeder screws above the master cylinder. doing it this way requires you to keep the lid tight on the master or all the fluid will drain out there. you have to pump it up so i find this way time consuming.

thanks for the info, thats kinda what i thought power bleed. so basically what your saying is to hook a vacuum up, i assume at the bleeders on the wheels and suck the fluid through? using say, one of those cheap plunger style siphon pumps?

yes that is what i am saying. just do one side at a time to make it a little easyer.

Back