• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Brand New to site, sledding, and Yamaha.

rage763

Extreme
Hi everyone. I've been following your site for a while now (summer) and I must say you have an excellent forum, which is a great resource for friendly and knowledgeable advice... so I figured it's about time I get on board!

I decided to pick up the 2009 RTX SE that my dealer had. Now if I could only find some snow!

I do already have one question already however, and I notice that when i sit on the sled the rear suspension gives like normal (doesnt bottom out, although I'm sure it could if shifted my weight back and pumped my legs) but it doesnt rebound (it stays about same ride height) unless I physically lift it by the back end. Is this normal?

Thanks to everyone that posted great reviews and advice that I was able to learn from, and I look forward to being a part of TY.

P.S. I hail from Saskatchewan, Canada and if anyone else does too I'd definitely be down for some riding and ripping. PM me anytime! :letsnow:

Attachments

• IMG00250-20091205-2238.jpg
    IMG00250-20091205-2238.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 71

Welcome Rage. The sag you are seeing will go away when the sled is broken in. Right now everything is new and tight................where's my wife?

Welcome to the site.

And, please don't forget that a $5 (US) membership fee is due to each existing member by December 31st.

We will be contacting you shortly with 13,363 addresses.

The shocks and springs are designed to respond to high-rate dynamic loads. Unless the suspension pancakes or fails to respond when you sit on the sled there's nothing to be concerned about.

arteeex said:
Welcome to the site.

And, please don't forget that a $5 (US) membership fee is due to each existing member by December 31st.

We will be contacting you shortly with 13,363 addresses.

The shocks and springs are designed to respond to high-rate dynamic loads. Unless the suspension pancakes or fails to respond when you sit on the sled there's nothing to be concerned about.
i thought it was $10 (US)?

Nothin in Prince Albert. We might have a 1/4" at best. There is lots way up north, but I don't think anyone wants to drive 6 hrs north of P.A to ride.

From PA as well... and like he says, nothing here... and nothing up in Bittern Lake area either... Buddy went up there ice fishing the other day, thought he would bring his sled instead of quad... Kicked himself for that one...

Back