• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Btx set up

I can add something for you to try. He center shock has a lot of effect on how the rear shock works. If you increase the pressure in the center you can reduce the rear and have a better ride. I’m 240 dressed and I run.
85 main/ 120 evol center, 125 main/ 140 evol rear. My front is close to yours. 75 main/ 110 evol. Also a little stiffer in the center the sled gets on top of the snow better when off trail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks I’ll give that a shot that makes sense it would work better

my transfer is ok... not great... but I need a stiffer center spring or better yet better shock package which may come the summer from the good guys at Monster Perf.

I'm 240+ Dressed pending backpack load
2018 BTX SE (Float 3's)

Trail setup is this

Front 90psi
Center 1/2" from maxed out
Rear 150psi
Straps loose as they go

Works Pretty well for trail and has little to no push... will lift skis 18-24", and rides well... these setting give me a healthy amount of Free Sag as well... trouble I have is it soft for any kind of hard hits... so I am very limited in setup....

Here are staring points.
37c2cb41f66c72a251dc8e9267ab8b98.jpg
2c47178c87113c2ffda66aeae68f594a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did yours get Evol? Just picked up a new in crate 17 B-TX and its float 3s all around no evol even in rear. I didn't find it to be stiff at all yet. Only 65 miles so to early to tell.

mine doesn't have evols either as it's a 2018 SE model...

I'm understanding of why they use the cheaper shocks... and really if all I did was trail ride easy the Float 3's would suffice.... However I'm neither a slow rider or a gentle one... these shocks will simply not survive my abuse neither will sled if it continues to bottom on small stuff....

Ian is a friend of mine and will be setting me up with something most likely

Yeah I tried swapping out the float 3s as well and got denied to! Haha

I’ll try it but am keeping my zx2 rear suspension just in case I want to swap out the rear!

Probably do Hygear dual valves for front floats.

Evols came on the 2017 LE models. I can’t give a report till next year but I bought the hygear linkage and fox 1.5 coilover shock to go with it also replaced my evol center shock with a fox coilover and the hygear dual rate spring. I can’t wait to try it!

I have a 2017 B-TX and I run the following:

Front Main 80
Front Evol 150
Center Main 80
Center Evol 125
Rear Main 125
Rear Evol 200
Rebound 7 clicks from fast

Made a compilation in Excel with recommendations from different sources and chose some sort of middle road to have as a starting point. Seems like most people are running something like this. I have 5psi more in the main on the front and in the rear shocks. Most others seem to like 75 in front and 120 in rear but I thought it was too soft. Going to try to increase center evol to 200 (seen multiple riders with it) and compare the difference this winter.

I have the same 17 btx with the evol air shocks all around. I weigh 215 and found that about 125 psi in the main chamber of the center shock really helps balance the chassis for off trail riding and lightens the front.
Just rode 5 days straight in Revelstoke BC with 2 strokes and bikes in trees and deep snow with good results.

For trails this setup might require more carbide/adjustments to minimize push.

hi minks698,what is the rest of your shock set up for mountains,and do have one for on the trails,I am trying to find a good starting point,thanks

hi minks698,what is the rest of your shock set up for mountains,and do have one for on the trails,I am trying to find a good starting point,thanks

My personal opinion, throw that suggestion chart posted above in the trash. I tried it and it worked terrible, sled felt like a 900lb tank. Those suggestions were for a 2 stroke likely. Think about it, the #1 sidewinder mod is a 180lb center shock spring for the standard shock models. Why wouldnt you crank the psi in the center shock? Let that carry the weight instead of your forearms.
I cant remember my psi in the evol chambers, (its high, above 150 for sure) bit im running 75 in the main chamber for fronts and 130ish in the rear rear. Will need more if your well over 2bills yourself or if jumping big.

i finally am happy with my evol setup, big psi worked very well in the rears,im running 150 in rear and 210 evol and basically same in front skid shock. i have the dampening setting on rear shock 2nd from the lightest. it actually has some plush in the sled. had to think opposite, thought lower pressure would make softer but would always ride rougher and bottom. softest setting is top part of travel. need air to be at the top. maybe i dont make sense but works for me. does push a bit in corners as dont have enough ski pressure

Back