• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bulkhead

JTD0314

Extreme
How big of a job is it ot replace the front bulkhead on an 06 Apex RTX? I hit a rock in the middle of the trail and my right lower a-frame tore right out of the bulkhead? Cost? I might have to make an insurance claim.

its not that hard.. takes alot of time tho.. just did mine this week cuz i hit a rock as well... i found a bulkhead from a ty member for $220... new is almost $500.. good luck to ya

I don't have the tools or the shop so I will have to pay the stealer. I wonder how many billed hours it will take?

I do have insurance with a $500 deductible, but if the job is done for under a grand, I will pay for it out of pocket.

I found a used bulkhead. Can somebody give me a step by step on how to replace the bulkhead? I might try it myself.

Before filing a claim or fixing it yourself, I'd at least get a dealer estimate. If it's 75%+ of the value of the sled the insurance co may total it. You'd get a check minus the $500 and then buy the sled back and fix it. You'd be $'s in the pocket ahead.

THKSNOW said:
Before filing a claim or fixing it yourself, I'd at least get a dealer estimate. If it's 75%+ of the value of the sled the insurance co may total it. You'd get a check minus the $500 and then buy the sled back and fix it. You'd be $'s in the pocket ahead.

Done that it works out great.

Found a used bulkhead for $150 dollars. Took it to my wrench today and nothing else appears damaged. Ordered a Pioneer bushing kit and I was told Yamaha has it listed as 6 hours to change out. Should have it repaired for around $500.

Back