• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

bushing kits

stomper

TY 4 Stroke Master
I have my skid out on my 03 rx1 right now waiting for a new pivot arm. I thought while it was out I may as well change all of the plastic bushings that are in there. I was on the yamaha site looking for a kit. but I couldn't find one, just individual parts. I called up my local yammaha dealer and they said that I have to buy each bushing individualy. Is this correct or is there a kit. I am scepticle about their info as they are the ones that told me that yamaha doesn't make a mountain throttle cable for the same sled. Which some of you proved them wrong. I priced all the bushing out with them and it came to $270 canadian. That is for the rear skid and the front a arms and spindle. Is this not a bad deal. There are a lot of bushing, but thats a lot of $$ for some small peices of plastc

yes you have to order them individually. Most upgrade the front bushings to Ulmer kit, found on his website, Or the pioneer Kit.. the poineer is still plastic but different compounds to last longer. I went with Ulmers kit. Its oil litte metal bushing last much longer.

I dont know about being in CDN for dealer prices but I did my skid this summer and it wasnt that much. I used http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/

For the mountain cables order the 05 up RX MTn cable.

Thanks for the link DV8.
I just checked on the prices on that site. It came to $230 for all the stuff that I had my dealer price out. If I factor in the shipping, currency exchange(minimal), and the brokerage fees that I will be charged for it coming across the border into canada, I am better off just ordering from my dealer. It would probably be cheaper. On a $130 item that I ordered a few months ago, just the brokerage fees were $32. The lady on the phone said they charge the fee according to the value of the item. So that would definatly put me over the $270.
Thanks any way for the help.
Thanks also for the throttle cable tip.

stomper said:
Thanks for the link DV8.
I just checked on the prices on that site. It came to $230 for all the stuff that I had my dealer price out. If I factor in the shipping, currency exchange(minimal), and the brokerage fees that I will be charged for it coming across the border into canada, I am better off just ordering from my dealer. It would probably be cheaper. On a $130 item that I ordered a few months ago, just the brokerage fees were $32. The lady on the phone said they charge the fee according to the value of the item. So that would definatly put me over the $270.

You must be really new to ordering online.

DO NOT EVER, EVER bring anything over the border via UPS. Use USPS only.

Stillsmokey said:
stomper said:
Thanks for the link DV8.

You must be really new to ordering online.

DO NOT EVER, EVER bring anything over the border via UPS. Use USPS
only.

Good to know. Thanks

2koolperformance can get all the pioneer stuff and is a canadian dealer. I have also ordered stuff direct from Pioneer and he will ship it standard us post and no duty, no tax that way

just did my 04 warrior rear skid a few weeks ago ordered everything separate through a dealer GOT HOSED wish I knew about the kit then definetly would have saved some$$$$$

Back