• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

buying across the border

Daranello said:
Smokey said:
Daranello said:
Skip sted #2 not needed for snowmobiles and ATV's...

I've imported 5 Apex's, 3 RZR's and 1 Outlander....never gave any notice!

Careful about skipping step two. I know someone who was turned away because of no notice at the border. May depend on the crossing and the mood of the US custom agent. Play it safe and fax them a copy.

When you come into Canada, you don't see a US Custom agent....think back to the last time you enter Canada you only talk to canadians.....

Careful boyz. You do need to clear it through US Customs. They stamp the title. Canada Customs will not allow you to bring a vehicle back without being cleared through US Customs. The reason from the 72 hours lead time for US Customs is for them to check to make sure it is not stolen or liens on it. I have done it twice and also know someone who was turned back because they did not do it.

well,my bro found another deal on a 03 rx1 here in ontario,no hassle and he got it for $4200 cdn with only 3000 miles,motor has all 2005 specs,all bearing were changed,jackshaft&drive,plus it has a bender clutch kit and exhaust,we rode it a bit around town but its way too loud for its liking so we put the stock exhaust back in yesterday,and we took the heat sheild out while we were at it,his exhaust is for sale now

Smokey said:
Daranello said:
Smokey said:
Daranello said:
Skip sted #2 not needed for snowmobiles and ATV's...

I've imported 5 Apex's, 3 RZR's and 1 Outlander....never gave any notice!

Careful about skipping step two. I know someone who was turned away because of no notice at the border. May depend on the crossing and the mood of the US custom agent. Play it safe and fax them a copy.

When you come into Canada, you don't see a US Custom agent....think back to the last time you enter Canada you only talk to canadians.....

Careful boyz. You do need to clear it through US Customs. They stamp the title. Canada Customs will not allow you to bring a vehicle back without being cleared through US Customs. The reason from the 72 hours lead time for US Customs is for them to check to make sure it is not stolen or liens on it. I have done it twice and also know someone who was turned back because they did not do it.

Ok, then at the Sault border it not needed, done the trip 5 times since July and the last trip 2 weeks ago....never even been asked or turn away

Back