• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cainsquest

Link doesn't work at the moment....

Team 5 Goose Bay, a Viper team, is currently in 1st place. Stage 9.

Bummer they are down to 2nd but still only 14 minutes.

Still plenty of race to go, sometimes best to stay in second for a while, this is a marathon, not a sprint!

Hope they hold up better than they did in the IRONDOG!

With the race 3/4's over team 5 is in 3rd place and over 1/2 the starting field is out of the race!

Been following it all week....it's a big land and harsh conditions....these racers know what they're doing. Their website is very good. Also hats off to all the volunteers that make this event what it is.

Team 5 in 3rd right now.....we'll know in the morning.

Team 8 on the Viper XTX's came in 6th place across the finish line and Team 5 on the XTX's would of probably gotten 2nd or 3rd but one of them hit a rock and busted up the front suspension bending the frame so they were scratched. Awesome Race!!!

Hey guys, I'm 1/2 of Team 5. Thanks to everyone for watching.... it was an awesome race that ended with a rock. Upper A-arm mounts torn from the bulkhead and the whole thing was destroyed. Not insurmountable early in the race but hard to repair that late in the game. Just so you know, we ran XTX's with 1.75 studded. Stock engine, exhaust and clutching. Elka Stage 5's with CQ valving, SLP Mohawks, Yamaha belly pan and ultrahigh windshields, Yamaha bags, Larson 4th Wheel kit, G-N-R Isovibes, 2-3 gallon Rotopax and a couple of hundred hours of welding and fabrication to beef up the entire suspension and rack. We put on 3300kms and did not have a single issue other than self inflicted damage. (A Arms, control arms, ski saddles, skis,). I tightened my chain at about 2500kms and that was it. We had 1000kms on before the start of the race and the engines continued to get stronger and more fuel efficient. We got over 250 kms off a 37.5 l tank of gas on one stage...not bad considering we were heavy on the throttle. My only regret was not installing Roll Over valves...we had to reprime both oil pumps at least twice each. I've ran CQ twice and my partner has 5 under his belt. This was the toughest ever by far. I'm still numb from the elbows down and I dropped over 10 lbs in 7 days despite taking in thousands of calories per day. Lots of fun!!

Biglandrider said:
Hey guys, I'm 1/2 of Team 5. Thanks to everyone for watching.... it was an awesome race that ended with a rock. Upper A-arm mounts torn from the bulkhead and the whole thing was destroyed. Not insurmountable early in the race but hard to repair that late in the game. Just so you know, we ran XTX's with 1.75 studded. Stock engine, exhaust and clutching. Elka Stage 5's with CQ valving, SLP Mohawks, Yamaha belly pan and ultrahigh windshields, Yamaha bags, Larson 4th Wheel kit, G-N-R Isovibes, 2-3 gallon Rotopax and a couple of hundred hours of welding and fabrication to beef up the entire suspension and rack. We put on 3300kms and did not have a single issue other than self inflicted damage. (A Arms, control arms, ski saddles, skis,). I tightened my chain at about 2500kms and that was it. We had 1000kms on before the start of the race and the engines continued to get stronger and more fuel efficient. We got over 250 kms off a 37.5 l tank of gas on one stage...not bad considering we were heavy on the throttle. My only regret was not installing Roll Over valves...we had to reprime both oil pumps at least twice each. I've ran CQ twice and my partner has 5 under his belt. This was the toughest ever by far. I'm still numb from the elbows down and I dropped over 10 lbs in 7 days despite taking in thousands of calories per day. Lots of fun!!

Way to go! You have my respect!!

Biglandrider said:

BigLandRider

You def have my respect and I cant imagine what you went through on the race. Any pictures of the race and terrain that you can post on here?

Back