• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI Turbo sled dies after throttle release

MNSnowScooter

VIP Member
In search of some advice on my 2014 Viper with MPI Turbo and a Ulmer tuned PCV.

Here's the issue: sled runs well at first start up, down the trail no problems. When I give it medium to heavy throttle and let off the sled will surge and die. I've sprayed carb clean thinking it was a vacuum leak but no surge when I'm spraying. I will continue to search for vacuum leaks but looking for some other ideas.

-if I come to a stop sign with my thumb putting a small amount of pressure on the throttle it won't die. If I let go it would die.

Can't get the video posted. Afr at idle is typically 11 ish range
You have to post vids on YouTube or Facebook and link them. Whats the AFR say before it dies. Is it 9? Could be loading up. If it won’t run at idle without throttle then it could be the map sensor.

TPS1.JPG
TPS2.JPG

Still struggling with this issue.....
-AFR before shut down is 10.5
-TORS/throttle cable has been adjusted more loosely then the recommended credit card
-throttle position closed and open is within recommended limits.
-checked all clamps to make sure I have no unmetered air coming in. I used carb cleaner while it was running to see if the rooms changed....no luck.

Not sure where to go from here besides tearing everything apart and making sure everything is seated and no air leaks.

Back