• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Calling all 2022 Sidewinder and T Cat owners

ishpeming fan

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 ZR RR 8000
I am on the fence about ordering a 2023 T Cat. I am wondering if Textron fixed any of the known past issues on the 2022 winders and T Cats at the factory. 1. Top gear bushing. 2.Drive shaft bearing. 3. Chain case tensioner. 4.Waterpump plastic impeller. 5. front cross shaft on rear suspension. 6.expossed coolant hose by front of track that gets punctured. 7. Frozen relay and fuse problem. Thanks guys. Any feedback would be very helpful.

None of those issues have been properly addressed. IMO, most of them are not an issue if you don't mind doing a little extra maintenance each fall.

1. Check the bushing every fall.
2. BOP shaft saver
3. Red loctite or tack weld.
4. Non-issue. This is rare.
5. Non-issue until higher mileage.
6. BOP makes a cover for these.
7. Rare issue.

Set mine up brand new with PEFI upper cross shaft and lower shaft saver, BOP lower front arm cross shaft (replaced the stock aluminum shaft with stainless steel), added a 4th wheel in the rear using Acat parts and tunnel protectors. I will look at the top gear bushing when I service the chain case after 500 miles. Rumor has it the 2022's have a better bushing in that gear. Since the bushing cost $5, I am not too concerned. Also, allegedly the 2022 lower drive shaft has a tighter clearance on the bearing. Did not mike the shaft on mine but put the shaft saver in anyway.

By the way, the rest of the cats have the same issue with the lower shaft. I have a bunch replaced on 600's, 800's and turbos. Your 2019 ZR800RR is not immune to the issue. I replaced the entire shaft on my ZR9000 at about 5500 miles. I had to replace the track ( ran something over ) and thought to change it out while it was apart. It was still usable but heading towards bad. Hope the 22's solve the problem. With that said, I can live with those issues since the chassis handles good, the engine is bulletproof, and the new primary clutch may be as well.

If you want a 23' I would be prepared to have your dealer put his order in first thing on the morning of 4/19. I bet cat will be sold out of Tcats and Riot 9000's by 10AM that day.

I just don't want to spend 21,000 grand on a sled and tear into it to put another 1,000 in parts to make it reliable. I was hoping Textron fixed some of the well known trouble spots since 2017. I don't want to walk out of the woods in below 0 temps in the middle of the night.

Since I plan to boost my sled down the road fortifying the drivetrain is just something I do. If a 600 wipes out the bearing on the shaft a Tcat can as well.
If you put the 8000 RR shafts on your Tcat it would beef it up for cheap money. I did that on my 1100ZR9, That sled is basically a 1100ZR9RR. Again, I ride it like an RR so I figure it should have the same parts. Fortunately I am too old to ride in the middle of the night so I don't think about it. LOL

I just don't want to spend 21,000 grand on a sled and tear into it to put another 1,000 in parts to make it reliable. I was hoping Textron fixed some of the well known trouble spots since 2017. I don't want to walk out of the woods in below 0 temps in the middle of the night.

They haven't addressed this issues in all these years, they sure wont do it on their supposed last season of ProCross production. That said, nothing on the sled is going to have you walking unless you dont do the proper maintenance and fixes.

You need to plan to do the couple fixes yourself to make it right and bulletproof, I dont think you'll be able to order a sled anyway unless Cat plans to build tens of thousands of them. China is under lockdown right now due to Covid I see, going to make things even worse for global production. I'm supposed to have a new SRX coming, but I'll believe it when I see it.

We offer our DMC HD Top Gear as a perminent fix for the top gear issue. We also offer our brass shift fork pads to replace the plastic ones that often break

Attachments

• e520f092a562964d-photo.JPG
    e520f092a562964d-photo.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 86
Besides what Dave 385 offers above,(available @ Barn of Parts) the new concept bearing repair kit for the lower driveshaft is a must.

Attachments

• 6D47089D-DA33-4365-9A71-BF59750DFA32.jpeg
    6D47089D-DA33-4365-9A71-BF59750DFA32.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 93
  • ADBAA409-993A-4954-91BC-FA89918B1434.jpeg
    ADBAA409-993A-4954-91BC-FA89918B1434.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 87

Back