• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Campaign!! Matching body panels.

Chris K

Veteran
Okay, what's the deal?
Of the few things I don't like about the Phazer, the left body panel has to be at the top of the list... In fact I think it's the only thing I HATE about it.
Seriously, what was Yamaha thinking? If I wanted to see the contour of the engine, I'd leave the panels off, lol.

We need to rally a campaign to get somebody to produce symmetrical (matching) body panels, get the Phazer looking more like the Nytro - now that's a nice looking sled.

Who's with me? And who knows which company may be willing and capable to take on this task?

Agree ;)!

Only thing is that I doubt this will be possible without designing a new cover for the right side also.. Have not done any accurate measurements but I think it looks like the clutch cover panel is wider than the right side one and I guess the "new" cover needs to be the same so it wont toutch the clutch. Just my toughts...

sniperviper said:
Agree ;)!

Only thing is that I doubt this will be possible without designing a new cover for the right side also.. Have not done any accurate measurements but I think it looks like the clutch cover panel is wider than the right side one and I guess the "new" cover needs to be the same so it wont toutch the clutch. Just my toughts...

I don't expect them to be perfect mirror images, but as close as possible. To me it appears that Yamaha (while heavily intoxicated :drink: ) made a blatant attempt at hitting the gag reflex with that left panel.

All they have to do is match the right side. Close up the hole in the front and on the side. Then make a dimple in the plastic were the primary clutch is. Anything close to stmmetrical would be better than what they have now. I also think that, that is the only part of the phazer that I don't like too. Theres a guy on here, back when someone posted " what do you do for a living ". And he posted that he was a designer for YAMAHA, ? His TY name is, nobody. Now wether he is telling the truth or not I dont know. I didn't photo shop this. I found this on here awile back.

Attachments

• 07_omt_gt_red_front-phazer.jpg
    07_omt_gt_red_front-phazer.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 360
Thanks for resurrecting this post. I still hate that panel, even more now that I have to look at it every day. I do a fair amount of ditch riding and I think I will ride opposing traffic just so nobody has to look at the ugly side... what was the name of Tommy Lee Jones' character in that Batman movie?

I've posted these photos already, but just to drive it home...

Attachments

• tmpphp2usi7B.jpg
    tmpphp2usi7B.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 65
  • tmpphpkW1S5N.jpg
    tmpphpkW1S5N.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 79

Back