• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Can anybody recommend stock exhaust replacement?

Daranello

Suspended
He guys is the an aftermaket exhaust that looks 100% stock, loses some Lbs, adds power and is NOT noisier that stock, deepers ok. Thanks

I'm interested in this alos.

From what I've seen out there so far, the Ultra Q is the closest looking thing to stock... especially if you cut the turnout to point straight back like stock. It is louder than stock... but it is supposed to be one of the "quieter" aftermarket exhausts. Saves on weight too.

If there is somthing closer lets hear about it!

there is none..
other than a stocker with holes drilled in the baffles...

Have the mbrp on my wifes sled, it looks stock, uses all stock plastics, but is definately deeper and a little louder, but sounds really good..... It saves a bunch of weight not sure about power added, but seems crisper after changing it out.

What makes the stock so quiet is all that mass of metal in there. I cut a phazer muffler in half and its quite rugged

onlyblue said:
Have the mbrp on my wifes sled, it looks stock, uses all stock plastics, but is definately deeper and a little louder, but sounds really good..... It saves a bunch of weight not sure about power added, but seems crisper after changing it out.

a lot louder lol, put mine on the dyno with MBRP, i think its too open becasue I lost 3HP.. not a big deal to me during winter, not going to feel 3 hp difference. ill take that for that sound

Re: Wanted_Stealth stock exhaust

Daranello said:
He guys is the an aftermaket exhaust that looks 100% stock, loses some Lbs, adds power and is NOT noisier that stock, deepers ok. Thanks

The closest thing to your description would be the "cheater" hi-flo header from Excell, which you have already got. Looks would be the same as stock because it is used together with the stock silencer. Not sure about the weight, but according to Excell it adds 6 hp and 400 rpm and keeps the stock dB level.

I doubt that you will find an aftermarket silencer with the same dB level as the stock silencer. If you do, weight and power will be same...

I think the closest to stock would be the Skinz ultra Q, just cut the tip for a factory look

i have barkers exhaust. It claims that it improves 12 hp and is 12 pounds lighter. It also uses stock plastics which is nice. i have the quiet core in it and when it's idling, it sounds stock. When i get on it, the thing sounds awesome!!! I havent been able to get the low to midrange on it dialed in just right though.

the closest to stock sound is the husher....has a quiet core that was tested by wis dnr to be only 1/2 d.b. louder than stock...with the core removed its got some growl...

now if I had to do it again I would ceramic coat it black...would be fairly sleeper...

sj said:
the closest to stock sound is the husher....has a quiet core that was tested by wis dnr to be only 1/2 d.b. louder than stock...with the core removed its got some growl...

now if I had to do it again I would ceramic coat it black...would be fairly sleeper...

He wants it to look stock...

Back