• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

240 tune vs 270 tune

you are going to be running close to 15PSI at 270hp, if not 17 when you eventually get to that tune.
You will need to do the intake spacer mod at that point and since you are in there you may as well do the two upgrades listed. Its 300 bucks more at that point and well worth it.

You dont need the intake mod at 270. 300Plus is where boost leaks. But, its good insurance...

You dont need the intake mod at 270. 300Plus is where boost leaks. But, its good insurance...
I have to disagree here. I have seen those clamps leak on 240 ss tunes.
I think anytime you are approaching 16psi you better start thinking about those clamps. It may not happen right away, but over time they develop a leak.

With my CKX Mission helmet, the stock muffler, and a good windshield, the sled is whisper quiet.
Bit off topic... but what windshield have you used that you would consider the "quietest"? Curious as I'm always looking for the quietest possible ride :).

I think anytime you are approaching 16psi you better start thinking about those clamps. It may not happen right away, but over time they develop a leak.
Food for thought

Bit off topic... but what windshield have you used that you would consider the "quietest"? Curious as I'm always looking for the quietest possible ride :).
I like a mid height touring windshield with mirrors. I am sure it takes a few MPH away but I do not hear the wind in my helmet at speed. I agree that quiet is good. Keeping the cold away at speed on a zero day is also a nice benefit. Don't feel the cold coming through my suit with this windshield.

Add me to the list, mine leaked from day one with the 240ss

Mine have not leaked at 270 or 300, let alone 240. All I was saying is that I don't think you need it at 240 or 270, but not a bad idea if you want to make sure 100% that there are no issues.

Mine have not leaked at 270 or 300, let alone 240. All I was saying is that I don't think you need it at 240 or 270, but not a bad idea if you want to make sure 100% that there are no issues.
The issue is more like...."damned if you do & damned if you don't."

Doesn't matter which tune you have.
If the tune is built for 91 octane and you are running 91 octane and getting knock protection flashing do the intake spacer mod.

How do you know Andy? They can leak and you don't even know it. Boost leak detector wont show it. The engine warms up and the rubber leaks without added clamping force. Boost will always show fine, but they leak like a SOB, heats the intake up something fierce and drops the power. I fought with if for quite a while on a few machines trying to diagnose.

Stock sleds can leak and drop the HP too from leaking intakes even. Its a common issue and why some sleds can't pull much for clutching or MPH.

Maybe, I am just trying to avoid doing it. lol. Maybe, I should do it this summer.

Mike do you see the boost come down in the data logs? I don't have a flasher or have data logging.

Last edited:
I have the TD Max Spool 16 tune for the stock map sensor. I changed the BOV, the belt(XS825), and the primary spring(because it broke).

Mine runs 16.5-16.8lbs of boost and 9,050 RPM on the trail, 9,250RPM on ice. I've seen 128 on the speedo/123 GPS.

I'd go for the 240 tune if the price difference was that much.
Number1kyster, have you considered running TD Max spool 16sm with TD stock mod muffler II?

Back