• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Can you ADD studs to a Camo IceRipper?

SIMMER

TY 4 Stroke Master
The sled (08 LTX) I bought already had this track installed when I bought it. Had it out yesterday and it just wasn't enough traction for me.

Anyone ever hear if you could actually add a couple of studs per lug? The rubber is pretty soft so I'm just curious.

Attachments

• hygearfront.jpg
    hygearfront.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 60

I believe it says on the track not to stud it.

You could possibly look at studs for the doo tracks though since they re both single ply i believe.

I think it originally wasnt supposed to be studded cause it was a single ply track and at the time there were no studs made for single ply...

Now its probably just a warranty technicality since they re making studs for single ply.

studding ice ripper

We ;)! studded 1 two years ago for one of the guys I ride with .We did at least 144 track lasted 2 years with studs didn't tear out just wore out the lugs.

I dont think the older ones were single ply.... I think just the new Ice Ripper XT are single ply.

GTBlack said:
my friend studed his even though it said do not stud no problems sofar

How many miles does he have on it with studs?
I was thinking of going with 2 per lug also, when these wear down a little more. I just don't want to take out one of the heat exchangers with studs coming out.

Back