• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

can you remove idler wheels from rear axle

noob

Extreme
I'm running a set of superbeast billet wheels on my 06 mc-apex, and have the track tightened fiddle string tight, my problem is the wheels are a fair bit more narrow then the stockers, and about every 6-8 inches around the inside of the track it's starting to wear through the track. can i remove the outside wheels and add one to the inside or a couple to the inside?

I have the front two wheels on the inside still on, but 9 inch wheels in the rear inside and that is it, I did put ice scratchers on, and after 500 miles on my new high fax's, they show little wear.

By putting the big wheels on the rear inside, seperates the track from the rear of the rails a great deal, I have little resistance on my track and turning bigger wheels on the rear gives even more less resistance.

for side hilling the rear wheels on the inside of the rails helps.

I also have the track very lose, almost an inch of drop front the rails if you lift the sled from the rear.

Hope this helps, but its my opinion, and my set up, it may not work for you.

Superbeast wheels tore up my track on my mod 2 yrs ago. I dont run billet anymore, I find other ways to blow money :) Eric

srxrule, that's exactly what happened to my track too. they are a great looking wheel, don't get me wrong here. got a new to me 06 apex with some goodies coming in the next week, so i dont' need to worry bout moving the idler wheel in anymore. thanx for the input boys.

Back