• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

cant stand the darting!!!!!!,,!

iwillwait4u said:
I had my stock skis work with no darting First flip your ski rubber around and then install a quarter inch shim under the ski rubber and fixed cheaper than skis!! I could run 80 mph with one hand! for more details look at www.begstromskegs.com and click on testamonies for the nytro. If you want to get rid of darting 100% with stock skis this will do it!!

Does this apply to the 2010?

I turned my rubber mounts around but they look like they shouldn't be. Th eangle of the rubber mount is cut more at the front than at the back so when i turnbed them around, the rear is now squished.

I havent ridden the sled yet but did change them.
Should I change them back or have I done the correct thing?

To stop the darting and make the skis turn better the weight needs to be distributed over more keels.

The new tuner ski seems like a good design. I checked them out at my deal a week ago. The plastic is rigid and they seem strong. This ski will turn way easier than a single keele ski. If you really want an easy turning ski, and have awesome performance go with split rails. I little bit more money but worth it.

MS

grizztracks said:
I agree that the deuce have a slight push in corners but they are more predictable than some other ski carbide setups I've tried. I was able to make the deuce bar setup work fairly well on a 08 RTX. I've since gone to Curves but still run the deuce bars on the wife's Vector and she's happy with them. Being that he's trying to correct darting for his wife's sled which is most likely not pushed to the limits, the deuce bars are a good cheap and easy fix for less aggressive riding. style.
Deuce bar's do not solve darting in all condition's and will run you close to $160, I had them and they are not bad but not a tracker.
A friend had the Bergstrom set up and to 100% eliminate darting/tracking you will make the sled steer harder from loading the rear of the ski, I did not like it at all compared to the Tracker's.

cruizin22 said:
iwillwait4u said:
I had my stock skis work with no darting First flip your ski rubber around and then install a quarter inch shim under the ski rubber and fixed cheaper than skis!! I could run 80 mph with one hand! for more details look at www.begstromskegs.com and click on testamonies for the nytro. If you want to get rid of darting 100% with stock skis this will do it!!

Does this apply to the 2010?

I turned my rubber mounts around but they look like they shouldn't be. Th eangle of the rubber mount is cut more at the front than at the back so when i turnbed them around, the rear is now squished.

I havent ridden the sled yet but did change them.
Should I change them back or have I done the correct thing?

I spelled the bergstom site wrong so here it is http://www.bergstromskegs.com/site.htm I am not sure about the 2010? If you call and talk to Scott at Bergstrom he will have all your answers hes a great guy!

kviper said:
grizztracks said:
I agree that the deuce have a slight push in corners but they are more predictable than some other ski carbide setups I've tried. I was able to make the deuce bar setup work fairly well on a 08 RTX. I've since gone to Curves but still run the deuce bars on the wife's Vector and she's happy with them. Being that he's trying to correct darting for his wife's sled which is most likely not pushed to the limits, the deuce bars are a good cheap and easy fix for less aggressive riding. style.
Deuce bar's do not solve darting in all condition's and will run you close to $160, I had them and they are not bad but not a tracker.
A friend had the Bergstrom set up and to 100% eliminate darting/tracking you will make the sled steer harder from loading the rear of the ski, I did not like it at all compared to the Tracker's.

Did you try them on a 2008 Nytro? And yes, with the proper deuce bar setup they eliminate most of the darting in all conditions (At least as well as any other ski/carbide setup). It was one of the most predictable setups for changing conditions that I've tried. After trying a few other ski carbide setups I reinstalled them and wondered why I wasted my money. Now I run curves on the Nytro and they by far out perform anything I've tried.

Your a little high on the cost of 4.5" deuce bars.

Flipping the ski rubbers only improves things for a little while then the rubbers break down. I tried that the first year.

I suppose the main thing that needs to be said is handing and tolerance for darting is very subjective. What is acceptable to one person is not acceptable to another. One aspect that throws everyone off with Nytro handling is the excessive weight transfer. The skid is too far forward and the dang thing acts like a teeter totter. It is very difficult to dial in your handling when the sled is constantly trying to lift the skis. Then you let off the gas and the weight shifts forward, compresses the front suspension with its wonky geometry and the skis tow in and out and erratic handling is the result. Then a guy does the normal steps of tightening limiter straps to reduce transfer and ride quality suffers and more weight is placed on the front end but the teeter totter effect still exists in a slightly reduced amount.

The other factor is the a-arms stick out parallel from the chassis and are too close to the big ball of weight created by you, the motor, the gas tank and radiator. Add in the top heaviness created by the location of everything and it creates an unbalanced, front heavy sled with too short of a "wheelbase". The a-arms sticking out a right angles to the chassis so close to the motor cause the sled to pivot funny in the bumps increasing the instability.

With all this going on it becomes evident why a set of skis or skags is not going to fix the Nytro. It can be improved, no doubt about it, but a stock Deltabox chassis is much better handling and balanced sled even after a guy spends a bunch of money chasing his tail just trying to get the Nytro to a stock Deltabox level IMO. In spite of much time, money and effort I was never able to get my Nytro to handle as well as my old '05 Vector.

Grizz, I had a set of deuce on my 06 Apex and a couple friends had them on Vector's and a Phazer. I paid $140 something plus shipping for the dueces in 06. Did they get cheaper? I heard of people paying around $160 for them.

The problem with the Bergstrom theory is it un balances the ski to bandaid the problem and it does increase steering effort, you can't load the trailing part of the ski and still have light steering. Have you tried SnowTrackers? If tracking/darting is your no one concern the trackers are the only thing that 100% eliminates it with out trade off of pushing or performance. It doesn't make any difference to me what any one buys but these things are likely the best money I have spent for an accessory in my 38 years of riding. There are a lot of people that have them and many of them that will not ride with out them again. Give them a try, if you don't like them I am sure you won't have a problem selling them.

iwillwait4u said:
I had my stock skis work with no darting First flip your ski rubber around and then install a quarter inch shim under the ski rubber and fixed cheaper than skis!! I could run 80 mph with one hand! for more details look at chttp://www.bergstromskegs.com/site.htm click on testamonies for the nytro. If you want to get rid of darting 100% with stock skis this will do it!!

Spot on!
I have 9k miles on my sled with stock skis, Bergstrom triple points, rubbers flipped and shimmed, and it handles great.

Ok
Call me a pud but the bergstrom page is confusing me

I "think" for my 2010 nytro, triple point (TP8-Q18) carbides
But i am confused! Do i need wear rods? Or ski savers? Or good N'ugly.

I think its just the triple point carbides

Could someone with knowledge tell me if :
A: i am correct with the Q18 part
B: if i only need the triple points and that these "are" wear rods
C: if thats all i need

Thanks for helping this newbie

EDIT

MAybe I should just call them and ask (as was suggested to me) :drink:

The Curve skis do not dart at all. They are costly but ateast I'm not mother ducking my sled the whole ride!

That's not the experience I had with Curves. They are very nice skis, well made, and turn well but my Nytro darted and was unstable at high speed whether it had Curves, Slydog, C&A, Ski-doo flex skis, stockers, or stock RTX skis. I'm not trying to bad mouth anything, I just want to provide new owners the benefit of my experience and testing that skis alone will not fix the problem. Basically I would not recommend buying aftermarket skis if you are trying to reduce the darting. If you need more floatation, great, want a more aggressive ski for better turning, good deal. But don't buy aftermarket skis just to reduce darting. Reason being, the darting will become worse in certain conditions because the aftermarket skis are more aggressive and will grab the ruts even worse in some conditions.

In one XC race I hit a section of washboard at high speed running Slydog race skis and 6" shaper bars. The handlebars started wiggling back and forth so hard I almost lost control. I've had Curve skis do the same thing on a set up trail in washboard stutter bumps. The stock skis were much more forgiving in every type of set up trail condition. Anyway just trying to save somebody some money as the Nytro doesn't react to a ski swap as a 100% improvement like most every other sled out there.

cruizin22 said:
Ok
Call me a pud but the bergstrom page is confusing me

I "think" for my 2010 nytro, triple point (TP8-Q18) carbides
But i am confused! Do i need wear rods? Or ski savers? Or good N'ugly.

I think its just the triple point carbides

Could someone with knowledge tell me if :
A: i am correct with the Q18 part
B: if i only need the triple points and that these "are" wear rods
C: if thats all i need

Thanks for helping this newbie

EDIT

MAybe I should just call them and ask (as was suggested to me) :drink:

You need the triple points with ski savers. If you call, Scott will know what you need, if you can get ahold of him this time of year. The Ski Savers are worth it. He will usually send you shims as well. I used 3/8" on my 08. But if you ask, he'll send you 1/4" and 3/8" no cost.

Back