• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Carb Sync Tool

I have a RX1. Built one of these tools the other day. I see there is a vacuum. on number one carb and number 4 carb. so how does this work with only one tee? Sync 4 and 3 with vacuum line to the tee. Then put vacuum line on carb 3 to set carb 2????? and so on???

What you mean by vacuum line ??? no such a thing.... every carb, cylinder do its own suck. You probably refer to the fuel pump lines. Right ?
Fuel pumps need vacuum pulse from cylinder to work. You can connect pumps on carb you do not sync. I think on RX1 you have adjustment seat for idle between 2 & 3. So after idle adjust connect & sync those 2 first, then 1 against 2, adjust idle. Then sync 3 against 4. Ajust idle. Always keep either a pump line, a plug or the sync tool connected to carb at all time when engine runs.

I know this is an old thread, but for me it was a great one. I am very inexperienced at mechanics, but want to do what I can for the $$ and for the satisfaction. My 08 Vector LTX was bogging at take off, and quit with a quick full-throttle from idle. I made one of these tools, and it worked great. I used Marvel Mystery Oil with the small nipple, which filled the line easily before any connections were made. I synched 1 and 2, then 1 and 3 (I call the one with the plug carb 1). Easy to do and running great now. Thanks for such a helpful thread.

Glad to help. It's great that you did this on your own and it successfully fixed the the problem.

Last edited:
I've meant to do this myself, but my Warrior has been so good I haven't bothered to. Glad you had such good luck doing this. You not only save money you also save downtime doing it yourself by not waiting for the dealer to get you in.

Back