• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

3 cylinder genesis 1000 carb sync video

Made a short video explaining how to setup and carb sync my 2010 vk pro. Many of the carb sync guages need checking first and if you havnt done it before this video might help.

3 cylinder engine carb sync

Nice work, I added this to the FAQ

I am going to give my carbs a good cleaning first. If I just return the mixture screws back to what they were before I started will that be good enough to start syncing them?

I am going to give my carbs a good cleaning first. If I just return the mixture screws back to what they were before I started will that be good enough to start syncing them?
Generally if your doing a standard carb cleaning you don’t remove or adjust the screws that are used for carb syncing, after cleaning & when ready to sync carbs you adjust the screws he shows in the video

Generally if your doing a standard carb cleaning you don’t remove or adjust the screws that are used for carb syncing, after cleaning & when ready to sync carbs you adjust the screws he shows in the video
I’m talking about the air/fuel mixture screws

Last edited:
1.) that would assume they were adjusted correctly to begin with and 2.) I've read where the pilot jets can come from the factory set differently due to them being in compliance with epa/omissions standards. Every year when I would remove the carb rack and disassemble carbs/jets, etc to clean them on my RX-1, I would always set each pilot screw to what the factory spec called; which may not be what yours are currently set at. Then, I would always finish the job by using my Motion Pro mercury carb sync tool to ensure the mecury levels for all four carbs were the same and when slightly raising RPMs, they would all rise/lower in sync.

1.) that would assume they were adjusted correctly to begin with and 2.) I've read where the pilot jets can come from the factory set differently due to them being in compliance with epa/omissions standards. Every year when I would remove the carb rack and disassemble carbs/jets, etc to clean them on my RX-1, I would always set each pilot screw to what the factory spec called; which may not be what yours are currently set at. Then, I would always finish the job by using my Motion Pro mercury carb sync tool to ensure the mecury levels for all four carbs were the same and when slightly raising RPMs, they would all rise/lower in
Is the pilot screw the one under a cap that needs to be removed to access? And where could I find all the factory setting for the mixture screws. Thanks for bearing with me, I am mechanically inclined just new to this stuff

EDIT: After further review, your RS Venture does have the pilot screws (sorry for the confusion if you read my original post). As for whether or not there is a cover/cap over them vs. them being exposed, I would suspect they are like the other models and they do not. Here's a pic of the microfiche that should help in locating them.

carb.JPG

As for the best resource to find information related your snowmobile other than this site, would be to become a VIP in which the VIP Membership allows you access to the service manual for your Venture.

Last edited:
The fuel screws were capped on my 2008. I drilled them out and set the screws to 2005 specs. I do not recall what that spec something like 2 turns out. They were all set differently on mine for emissions.

Back