• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CARBIDE QUESTION - Snowtrackers VS. Cobra's

snowtrackers vs. bergstroms

Thanks pedros. Anyone have input on bergstroms vs snowtrackers?[/i]

carbides

Hi Simmi
As for your question a friend of mine had a set of cobras put on in Elk lake and his buddy had snow trackers> Both sleds were ltx. Both machines handled fine but I would say the cobras out performed the snow trackers. On a side note during the comparison they filled up both machines with fuel and off they went but only one made it home the one with the snowtrackers ran out of gas because of the drag from the snow trackers.

Re: carbides

brian m said:
Hi Simmi
As for your question a friend of mine had a set of cobras put on in Elk lake and his buddy had snow trackers> Both sleds were ltx. Both machines handled fine but I would say the cobras out performed the snow trackers. On a side note during the comparison they filled up both machines with fuel and off they went but only one made it home the one with the snowtrackers ran out of gas because of the drag from the snow trackers.

I run snowtracker extremes on an 08 Apex LTX and my riding bud now runs 8" cobra heads on an 06 Apex 121". We ride agressive all day and at the gas pumps we're now within pennies of each other on a fill up. Until he tossed the dual carbides, (Woody's) it would cost him as much as $3.50 more to fill than me.

On another note, depending on your friends' year of the LTX sleds, the 08 Apex and up have a smaller tank by about 2.7 liters, so that could be why he ran out of fuel first?
Cheers.

Woodys slims on my 136 apex a complete disaster, like having power steering but without the ability to actually turn, never again, going to the triples by Bergstrom.

Re: carbides

brian m said:
Hi Simmi

Homo....it's because your "buddy" rides his sled like a PU$$y!! :drink:

I'm bringing this old thread back to life!!! I was looking at my new to me 08 LTX last night as I was shimming the ski's. I was lead to believe that it had new dual carbides on it and it does ... on one ski! DA who puts a dually on one side and a single on the other. (I won't name the dealer but they are in the UP).
Anyway I am going to try the snow tracker extremes on my 08 Apex LTX. After reading the numerous posts I have a couple questions.
Should I remove the shims (running stock ski's)?
Should I put the limiter back to stock position vise one hole shorter?
should I increase weight transfer from current mid way between standard and minimum?
If I make changes to the rear should I increases the front spring preload from the 10mm that they are currently set at?
Anyone from NorthEast Wisconsin know where they stock these so I can get them today?
Thanks!

mightyroo12 said:
Woodys slims on my 136 apex a complete disaster, like having power steering but without the ability to actually turn, never again, going to the triples by Bergstrom.

I love this quote

you will want to remove the shim, trackers need front ski pressure like the dartless plates

When a ski or carbide works correctly, you should be able to adjust your suspension for ride and handling, not for turning the bars.

rhoag said:
I'm bringing this old thread back to life!!! I was looking at my new to me 08 LTX last night as I was shimming the ski's. I was lead to believe that it had new dual carbides on it and it does ... on one ski! DA who puts a dually on one side and a single on the other. (I won't name the dealer but they are in the UP).
Anyway I am going to try the snow tracker extremes on my 08 Apex LTX. After reading the numerous posts I have a couple questions.
Should I remove the shims (running stock ski's)?
Should I put the limiter back to stock position vise one hole shorter?
should I increase weight transfer from current mid way between standard and minimum?
If I make changes to the rear should I increases the front spring preload from the 10mm that they are currently set at?
Anyone from NorthEast Wisconsin know where they stock these so I can get them today?
Thanks!

You have to order them from Royal Distributing in Canada. 3-4 day shipping but well worth it. Nothing compares. Take the shim out and you will love them.

Guys really seem to love these snowtrackers! I priced out the set up and at $275 I have to ask, Will they corner like a stock single? and Will they last 4 or five times as long? Now I don't mean miles, I know nobody can say that they will last 10,000 miles but what is an approximation? twice? four times as long?
I ride 3 to 4,000 miles anually in the U.P. and can't justify the expense for one season! Any response?

Attachments

• 0114011049b.jpg
    0114011049b.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 190
Actually, i prefer Arrow skis. Snowtrackers extreme second best, and snowtrackers semi extreme after that, and finally cobra heads.. i didn't think the cobras had enough bite in the corners

:jump:

I can't make any comparisons to the Cobras because I've never run them but the Snowtracker Extremes are awesome. Zero darting and unbelieveable cornering. I've heard others comment about more steering effort but I haven't seen it. I have 2 1/2 seasons on mine with mostly UP riding and they're still in great shape. What I notice for wear are just chips out of the carbide but the host bars are still in great shape and I have lots of carbide left. I wouldn't be surprised to get 10,000 miles out of mine. I probably have 5,000 on them now and I've noticed no degradation in handling. Definitely worth the money in my opinion.

I had a similar experience to mightyroo12 with the Woody's Slim Jims. Those things were absolute junk. It felt like I was riding on ice with as bad as they pushed. By far the worst carbide I've ever tried. I did have very good luck with the Snow Studs dually, however. The bars on those are spaced quite far apart and don't fill with snow. Decent cornering and no darting. My wife still has a set on her Apex and those probably have close to 5,000 miles on them as well.

Is there a Snowtrackers distributor in the states?

Chasx7 said:
Is there a Snowtrackers distributor in the states?
I found them once, I think I googled "snowtrackers" and found that the only way to even get a price was through a little phone tag. I think the dealer was Kimpex.

Back