• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Castle X Force 2 boots

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha XT SE
Ready for my next pair of boots, just sold my Klim GTX Adrenaline, I was VERY Happy ! Reason was , I wanted to go up one size from 11 to 12 just to have a little more room.
I was just going to get Klim ( non current ) Gtx adrenaline but started reading and looking PLUS price point ! I ran across a video by Lou, from Power Mad showing test where 5-6 boots were put in about 2-3 inches of water and believe it or not The best where The Castle, next best Motorfist, Worst ones Klim was there ! So I started looking at Castle there on sale now for like $161.00 shipped vs Klim $219.00 shipped. Any of you guys use the Castle X Force 2 they come in Orange/ black, Grey , Green/ black like The Orange/ black, how is performance vs Klim ?
Seems there Insulation is very good to in addition to BEST water repellent ???
What's your thoughts, Klim vs Castle. Thanks

Ready for my next pair of boots, just sold my Klim GTX Adrenaline, I was VERY Happy ! Reason was , I wanted to go up one size from 11 to 12 just to have a little more room.
I was just going to get Klim ( non current ) Gtx adrenaline but started reading and looking PLUS price point ! I ran across a video by Lou, from Power Mad showing test where 5-6 boots were put in about 2-3 inches of water and believe it or not The best where The Castle, next best Motorfist, Worst ones Klim was there ! So I started looking at Castle there on sale now for like $161.00 shipped vs Klim $219.00 shipped. Any of you guys use the Castle X Force 2 they come in Orange/ black, Grey , Green/ black like The Orange/ black, how is performance vs Klim ?
Seems there Insulation is very good to in addition to BEST water repellent ???
What's your thoughts, Klim vs Castle. Thanks
Any feedback would be appreciated ,Thanks

can't help with castle but tobe vivid boots are 100% waterproof and are the warmest out there and that would be very comparable to klim but better

Thanks Guys I stuck with Non Current Klim Gtx Adrenaline size 12. I sold only to move up on size. Paid $219.99 Port Yamaha, EXCELLENT Service ! Thanks for input !

I realize this is old but a friend of mine brought up this video that the original poster references and when looking for it I came across this thread.

I'm a fan of Lou and his vid's but that boot comparison vid is nothing to base a boot buying decision on. The water tank test has almost nothing to do with how well these boots will perform when snowmobiling. Unless you plan on riding underwater for 30 days. A quality boot uses materials designed to breathe so some eventual water intrusion should be no surprise. If he had filled a plastic bag with air and dunked it in the tank it would have beat all of them...but how great of a foot covering do you think a plastic bag would be for snowmobiling? He barely touched on insulation and comfort, certainly not in any detail for each one. He did make the comment that you get what you pay for...which I've found to be 100% accurate when it comes to snowmobile boots. The Castle X is the cheapest one in his comparison. He was saying something there without actually saying it ;)

Back