• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boot Recommendations

cnybrian

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Attak
Looking for recommendations on new boots. I currently have a set of Baffin Arctic boots. While the boots are extremely warm and I have never gotten cold feet (literally), they do not provide much support.

I like the idea of the Boa lace system. Looking for quality over cost. I don't min paying more for something that will last.

I know opinions are are like lips and a$$holes and not everyone wants to hear them. I am looking for both the good and bad, please. As an example - What are the trade-offs going with the KLIM Adrenaline Pro GTX BOA over the Castle X Charge BOA?

Everyones foot is a little different and in the end I know I will need to try them on. Just trying to narrow down the choices based on real world use.

41AuvVY3KUL.jpg

i like my klim boots. not a fan of the boa set up. had them for about 9 seasons and only ever had a cold/wet foot once but i was standing thigh deep in a creek fishing out a sled at the time.

Love my Klim's. If you see a good price on non-BOA think about it. That's what I did. BOA gimmick is cool but how hard is it to lace boots? Once I have them on and ride for the day I only touch the laces again to take them off. Night and day versus my massive Baffins.

I have FXR’s with the boa system. The boots are the warmest I’ve ever owned and have good support and stay dry. Very light weight. Much nicer then my old Baffin. I got the boa system just because they gave me a great deal on them. It’s nice and has been trouble free but I dont see it as a must have. I’m sure the Klim’s are very nice but could not spend that much at the time.

At least for me, one of the nice thing about the BOA system is that it allowed me to pick up a pair of Klim Artic GTX boots for under $300 since they were the "old" style laces. Had to search high and low as everything else was listing the ones with the BOA system. The one thing I will say about the Artic boot is that it does provide for a lot of support where some may some too much as compared to the Adrenalines. They are definitely warm. Prior to Artic I wore Cabelas' Pac Boot. Purchased them for late season bow hunting when you are sitting in a stand and not moving and thought they were so warm they would make great snowmobile boots; albeit a bit bulky but they were light. The Artic boots were every bit as warm and not as bulky. Unless you can find new old stock, I suspect any new Klim boot will have the BOA system. No personal experience with the BOA system but always wondered what happens when a lace snaps or the system quits working. With traditional laces, they can be replaced more readily and the only way they quit working is if you can't tie your boots. :drink:

love my Tobe Outerwear boots plenty of support because they mold to your feet after a few time and never have any issues with warmth or the boa systems. I feel like Tobes product is better built then klim for the money, especially after klim being bought out by polaris.

Last season I picked up a pair of Castle charge boa boots, I’ve been sledding for the last 21 years and I can’t say they are the best or worst boot I’ve owned.
I do most of my riding in northern Ontario and northern Quebec in all temps, I’ve experienced cold feet a few times near the end of the day after a high mile ride, I guess that’s expected after being outside for 8 to 10 hours.
BOA system has worked great so far but is not needed. Good solid boot just wish they added more warmth features into the boot.

I have the Klim Arctic GTX with the Boa system. This is my third pair of Klim boots, and only because my second set were destroyed by MICE! I stopped bringing a boot dryer after my third trip with my origina pair. My feet SWEAT and they are always dry at the end of the day. Upgraded to Arctic version because of circulation issue related to blocked arteries in my heat. The Boa system is the #*$&@! Much faster and more easily adjustable than just lace. Mine are the newer version with two adjustment cables. Simple and my foot stays planted in the boot without over tightening my calves. End of the day, pull four buttons and their off! No frozen or soggy laces to deal with. Hopefully I have helped with your decision.

I went with the BOA system in another route, Cabella’s Snowrunners with BOA. They are Gortex and thinsulate and just over ankle height. I have been warm and dry for 3-4 years. I like them because my HJC, LaCrosse Icekings and other high end Pack boots while warm were not great to hike in or stable and supportive while standing on the sleds boards. THey look like hiking boot but work great for me. I love the BOA on these. They were cheaper at around 100$ and I have been very happy and am not interested in changing .

Just looked it up and my boots are now called Snow runner Max and are 119

I am a cheap bastard. Last pair of boots was a used pair of Poo boots I bought off Craigslist $60.00 Warm and comfortable until the soles started to peel off. So 2 years ago I finally stepped up to the plate and bought Klim Adreniline GTX with Boa. Love them. Bought them from Country Cat got a good deal. Arctic sounds like the warmer option. But I have not had too much trouble staying warm. Even before this purchase I always used Klim socks. Of course because like a lot of people my feet sweat. I learned many years ago from my riding buddy. With his RX1 if you stop and your hands get cold. Just put them behind the tailpipes. Before you take off again. Shure beats kneeling in the snow to warm your hands. Like I had to do with my 2 stroke Cats!

Boots are so subjective. What one guy thinks is amazing another cant stand. We all use our danner/Irish setter hunting boots now. Supportive, goretex, and different weights depending on the temp cause everyone needs an extra pair of boots right. Socks are what we find makes the difference. After trying them all, klim, wool, UA, etc... alpaca is the way to go. Think warm like wool, hypoallergenic, and no itch. Made and manufactured in the USA. I might know a guy

I have had the tobe vivid boots for about 4 years now. Really like them a lot. Never been cold ever. They are really comfortable for a boot that is so stiff. I had motorfist that laced before and there is no comparison. Boa is the only way to go for me.

And this is why I love TY. Honest answers without all the added BS.

I know clothing, boots, gloves, etc are very much personal preference. My goal was to get some honest feedback on the different brands. If there was one specific brand with lots of negative, I would try and stay away from that specific brand.

It really sucks not having the Big East show this year. Could have been a 1 stop shopping trip. Now I may have to go to 3 or 4 different places. I'll be heading out to some local dealers this weekend to try on several different pairs of boots.

Thanks everyone.

FXR "Backshift" with boa. Supremely warm, very comfortable even for duckfeet, yet compactly built. They lean a bit forward like snowboard boots and have great support, therefore very easy to walk/climb with, plus they're light.
Great grip underneath. The trick to getting boa boots to fit is to add pressure where you need it while tightening, e.g. on your instep. Nothing negative in my opinion. But, then again, I have only used fishing boots before I got these.

Back