• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CAT RELEASE- SNOW CHECK

Attakdriver

Extreme
It appears that most popular Cat models are sold out in about 2 hours- just like Yamaha last year- I assume we will see the same out of Yamaha again in a week or so- Brands always try it increase market share- with Polaris and Ski doo still offering snow checks it doesn't take a genius to figure out which 2 brands own the market- why can't Cat and Yamaha supply more machines to the market like the competitors? Do they lack the buying power to purchase the needed inputs?

It appears that most popular Cat models are sold out in about 2 hours- just like Yamaha last year- I assume we will see the same out of Yamaha again in a week or so- Brands always try it increase market share- with Polaris and Ski doo still offering snow checks it doesn't take a genius to figure out which 2 brands own the market- why can't Cat and Yamaha supply more machines to the market like the competitors? Do they lack the buying power to purchase the needed inputs?

With cats focus on catalyst as the new shared chassis platform I would not expect their total capacity for manufacturing to go up until more of the product line is on catalyst.

Building isn't just about buying enough parts, there are real world people, line capacity, shipping, issues etc to work through as all of it has to come together at once. I imagine that Cat has a mandate to prove out the catalyst platform before more investment comes for increased capacity.

Lack of employees can be resolved with higher wages which in turn causes higher sled prices. Nevermind! I'll continue to buy used once the product establishes a solid reputation. Not going to be a test pilot without appropriate compensation.

Maybe no one wants the poo’s and doo’s. These 28 yr old never updated, improved, and old technology pro cross chassis are starting to catch on.
who knows ?

My buddy tried ordering a Thundercat yesterday morning. It sold out in 45 minutes.

I’m sure Yamaha will be the same way, just like last year.

I don't feel all that bad for people not getting in on the pre-buy. We all knew this was a possibility and if one wanted a sled they had better had their ducks in a row BEFORE the pre-order process even began.

Honestly I think the Cat manufacturing facilities and lack of employees are the biggest issue. Just my 2 cents.
TRF doesn't exactly draw in piles of potential employees. It's not the job mecca of MN, let alone the upper midwest.

Although, polaris pulls it off in Warroad.

new sled allocations Canada dealer know as of today what sleds they be able to sell for 24 season so if you are getting a new call now because my dealer told me that he can’t get me a SRX next year not all.

Back