• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cats getting it as well

One big difference is in the Mountain sleds. Cat is advertising 1.25 dropped chain case,8 tooth drivers and 2in forward footwell along with narrower runningboards. I have not seen any of that advertised by Yamaha but it would really surprise me if Yamaha didn't get same thing

So where is the Arctic Cat Snow Bike? In one of the Yammy Video's you could see forks . Are they both going to release Midseason?

So where is the Arctic Cat Snow Bike? In one of the Yammy Video's you could see forks . Are they both going to release Midseason?

What will the response be if the next Yamaha built in TRF sled , is all new , that was engineered/ designed / tested/ in Japan by Yamaha .
Size matters , but this is not real estate , and its not all about location .

But we are still better off with Cat and Yamaha being MARRIED and living separately than we would be with one of them gone.
Sorry to get off topic .
Nytros rule pls. explain the 16 years of SRV riding ?
I had one also , and the minute I finished doing all the upgrades , (pipe, track , suspension ,...)it was stolen , and I moved on to an Exciter for 8 years .

What will the response be if the next Yamaha built in TRF sled , is all new , that was engineered/ designed / tested/ in Japan by Yamaha .
Size matters , but this is not real estate , and its not all about location .
Sorry not following ! I just asking because the new snow bike is not on Arctic cats website and you can see forks in one of the Yamaha Vids ,

Last edited:
What happens to all the AC buyers when Yamaha no longer provides an engine for their sleds? They are going to get a taste of the engine quality Yamaha provides and have no choice but to switch to Yamaha. Its all in the master plan Yamaha has created.

I hope I'm wrong. I believe Yamaha is positioning to get out of the sled biz. Or at least quit building "all Yamaha sleds" . Get AC using our engines, increase market share for both brands, eventually all sleds built by AC with Yamaha motors, Yamaha gets out and makes more money just providing power plants.

Sorry not following ! I just asking because the new snow bike is not on Arctic cats website and you can see forks in one of the Yamaha Vids ,
The forks may have been a subtle diversion to throw us off ,and create additional hype .
Or maybe not.

You know its funny. I ride green and would say im a die hard cat guy. When Yamaha started this relationship i was not MAD at all. I really feel yamaha builds the best engines and fit and finish is top notch.. I feel Cat has a VERY good chassis. perfect match.. Cat needs and has gotten BETTER with fit and finish since yamaha has joined with them.. Guys this is a win win. Its only going to get better for both. Whats to be mad about?
That is why they teamed up,its a very good choice,see what both teams got,great products.

well said, and I agree.....It does seem that Yammie is helping the fit n finish side of the green crew...I am very excited to finally see a Yamaha motor engineered from Japan purpose built Turbo, its something many yammie faithful have dreamed about forever. Its just abit muddy when its put into a cat chassis, but it seems like they have redesigned all the plastics with air flow and cooling in mind, and prepared new clutches for the big power, I am loving the approach yammie took here and I can see this being a serious muscle machine in every way.

I think my biggest worry is the handling. I was not impressed with Viper handling when compared to my 1200, and this is mainly due to the motor not being dropped down low enough. Unfortunately in all my reading,i have not seen one thing about lowering the new 998t down into the chassis, which IMO means the chassis itself has not changed(only plastics) and the engine cannot be lowered for the same reasons as Viper could not be.

I will be watching this one intensely, being a power junky many times will trump everything! I wont ever buy another cat as the procross experience I had in 12 is burned into my brain, But I would buy a Yamaha in this chassis with this stellar new Turbo from Japan, and have a good yamaha warranty to back it. I wont ever trust the CAT warranty, their warranty is not worth the words on paper as they dont like to cover things IMO.

Dan
Very well said dan,I had three year warrenty on my 13 cat,and when the motor went south,my dealer did to,and he promised me he would not do that in the event that this tune was any kind of problem,and cat was all ready to let the warrenty go thru,but than cat sent out a rep,and he saw the motor apart and asked where the muffler was,the stock muffler,all he saw was a TD muffler,they did not have the sense to hide it,and just come up with a stok one,or tell me in advance to bring in my stock muffler,because the dealer and cat knew the motor problem was there fault,but if they can find any thing to fault it on they will and did,so my dealer burned me for his name sake for all his future warrenties,that was what he said,if I stood 100% behind you I may lose my availability to get warrenty in the future with cat,the thing is this was there extended warrenty and not cats first year bumper to bumper coverage,it was an insurance company,not even cat,and he had 4 other failure same thing and two were 2011 old style sled.

What really is the difference between the Cat 9000 and the sidewinder? Other than the clutching, isn't it basically the same sled (same motor and pro cross chassis?) Just curious what the advantage would be of either one? Don't flame me, I am interested to know and gain some knowledge of these things. And yes, I do know yamaha's fit snd finish is best in the industry.
I think hood and side panels coming off and back on,my cat hood was a pain in butt to remove you had two deep screws that was a POS to get to line up,and to pull out far enough to get the wire plus unplugged or replugged back in,and the air box was a turd to rehook back up too. Yamaha has got there hood and side panels off and back on in under 3 min. there is a vid on it,looks super easy,changing belt also is super quick with there rooler torsion spring set up,compared to our old cat compression spring set up.

I think hood and side panels coming off and back on,my cat hood was a pain in butt to remove you had two deep screws that was a POS to get to line up,and to pull out far enough to get the wire plus unplugged or replugged back in,and the air box was a turd to rehook back up too. Yamaha has got there hood and side panels off and back on in under 3 min. there is a vid on it,looks super easy,changing belt also is super quick with there rooler torsion spring set up,compared to our old cat compression spring set up.
Actually less then minute to take off and put back together

Isn't the apex pure yammy? It was, is, and will always be, one HELL of a sled. Period!

Back