• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cats getting it as well

So the guys that are upset about the union, are they going to be equally upset when AC engineers the next chassis, built around this motor, and it takes this to the next level? Or will that be time for AC guys to whine about how Yamaha is stealing some of AC's thunder?

Does anybody actually doubt that AC and Yamaha are working together as we speak for level 3 of this whole thing? Old motor meets old chassis (2014), but they have success. Add new motor and the jaws drop (2017) as the performance numbers go up. What's the next level? It's a no brainer here. AC, Yamaha, Fox, all working together on the next great thing. Sympatico. Kind of the way a Nissan GTR defies its own weight thanks to engineering. Not the car for everybody, but no denying it's punching way above the numbers. The next sled should do the same. And the complaints will be equally entertaining I'm sure...

There is no more Arctic Cat and Yamaha. They are the same now. Pretty soon, there will be no Japanese built sleds. They will all be build in TRF using Yamaha motors. The sleds will be the same minus clutching and paint.

Think about it. Yamaha ATVs and sxs are built stateside now. Yamaha doesn't sell enough sleds to justify building a plant to produce them here. IMO this deal is here to stay.

its been awhile since my 12 cat chaincase.....I thought this was all adressed a couple yrs ago with much better gears ect? I could be wrong but the guys with the 16 9000cats seem to be happy so far....lots of raving about their handling too. So I guess i figured this new sidewinder would be good to go there.

Will have to ride one to see if the handling is up to snuff for my taste, no doubt the power will be there!

Dan
My Viper passed alot of SkiDoos this past weekend in very poor trail conditions and I was sitting down they were all standing and could not do anything about it. Handling is all in the shocks and setup. Either can be made to work well.

You know its funny. I ride green and would say im a die hard cat guy. When Yamaha started this relationship i was not MAD at all. I really feel yamaha builds the best engines and fit and finish is top notch.. I feel Cat has a VERY good chassis. perfect match.. Cat needs and has gotten BETTER with fit and finish since yamaha has joined with them.. Guys this is a win win. Its only going to get better for both. Whats to be mad about?

Well said.

What really is the difference between the Cat 9000 and the sidewinder? Other than the clutching, isn't it basically the same sled (same motor and pro cross chassis?) Just curious what the advantage would be of either one? Don't flame me, I am interested to know and gain some knowledge of these things. And yes, I do know yamaha's fit snd finish is best in the industry.

What really is the difference between the Cat 9000 and the sidewinder? Other than the clutching, isn't it basically the same sled (same motor and pro cross chassis?) Just curious what the advantage would be of either one? Don't flame me, I am interested to know and gain some knowledge of these things. And yes, I do know yamaha's fit snd finish is best in the industry.
Clutching and price as far as I can see so far. More will come out soon enough when guys get a chance to shake these sleds down more

There is no more Arctic Cat and Yamaha. They are the same now. Pretty soon, there will be no Japanese built sleds. They will all be build in TRF using Yamaha motors. The sleds will be the same minus clutching and paint.

Think about it. Yamaha ATVs and sxs are built stateside now. Yamaha doesn't sell enough sleds to justify building a plant to produce them here. IMO this deal is here to stay.

TRUE and I like the deal............as long as they take the BEST from both and build. Better Yamaha motors and Better Cat Chassis.

Other than clutching shock packages change a bit.

So the guys that are upset about the union, are they going to be equally upset when AC engineers the next chassis, built around this motor, and it takes this to the next level? Or will that be time for AC guys to whine about how Yamaha is stealing some of AC's thunder?

Does anybody actually doubt that AC and Yamaha are working together as we speak for level 3 of this whole thing? Old motor meets old chassis (2014), but they have success. Add new motor and the jaws drop (2017) as the performance numbers go up. What's the next level? It's a no brainer here. AC, Yamaha, Fox, all working together on the next great thing. Sympatico. Kind of the way a Nissan GTR defies its own weight thanks to engineering. Not the car for everybody, but no denying it's punching way above the numbers. The next sled should do the same. And the complaints will be equally entertaining I'm sure...
Love the analogy ! Gtr is a pig for weight but you can't deny its supercar status and specs ! It all works together to get those results ...

a lot of cat guys will tell you, Yamaha wins on the warranty

I am loving this.... Cat has always make great handling sleds and Yamaha has made great engines ... So we have the best of both worlds ....
Yes, but each year we get closer and closer to just 3 manufacturers... Which means the customers' lose out on more innovative products in the future.

My Viper passed alot of SkiDoos this past weekend in very poor trail conditions and I was sitting down they were all standing and could not do anything about it. Handling is all in the shocks and setup. Either can be made to work well.
Yes, but each year we get closer and closer to just 3 manufacturers... Which means the customers' lose out on more innovative products in the future.

But we are still better off with Cat and Yamaha being MARRIED and living separately than we would be with one of them gone.

We don't know that. Other than at dealership I never worked for Yamaha so I don't know what it's like. I do see the people who work for them stay for a long time. If Yamaha bought cat they could choose to keep development Seperate or as it is now. Is a lot of smart people in both camps.

I agree the big difference in my eyes is the warranty, and how the company stands behind it. After my 2012 cat debacle and cat denying me warranty on several items, I would never buy another.

My dealer sells yam/doo/cat and has always told me, the best company for taking care of customers is Yamaha. Doo is next best and cat is way last....I had to fix alot of things myself with the 12 cat and they denied things that yam or doo would not have even questioned.

Back