• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chain Case Failure Survey

Have you had a Chain Case Failure? If so, do you know what the cause may be?

• Failure - Don't know why - I do have a Turbo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Failure - Don't know why - I do NOT have a Turbo

• Failure - Chain Tension maybe too tight - I do NOT have a Turbo

• Failure - Simply the bearing failed - I do have a Turbo

• Failure - Other reasons I suspect - I do have a Turbo

• Failure - Other reasons I suspect - I do NOT have a Turbo

• Total voters

Monsey

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 SR Viper LTX DX
There have been a lot of people talking about Chain Case failures which have gotten a few people 'concerned' (myself included).
Some questions floating around are... Am I sitting on a time bomb? Is it mainly the guys running turbos that are having issues? Are most of the failures related to chain tension being to tight? Is it simply a bad batch of bearings?...
Anyways, I figured I'd throw out a survey and see what the results are. Hope this helps settle some peoples suspicions.
I predict that the responses will be all over the map, but lets see what happens.
Hopefully I didn't miss any obvious options.

There have been a lot of people talking about Chain Case failures which have gotten a few people 'concerned' (myself included).
Some questions floating around are... Am I sitting on a time bomb? Is it mainly the guys running turbos that are having issues? Are most of the failures related to chain tension being to tight? Is it simply a bad batch of bearings?...
Anyways, I figured I'd throw out a survey and see what the results are. Hope this helps settle some peoples suspicions.
I predict that the responses will be all over the map, but lets see what happens.
Hopefully I didn't miss any obvious options.

The first year manual had bad info on chain adjustment, and MANY were set up this way being too tight (most from dealers). If you have been around chains for very long you know how forces increase exponentially when a chain is too tight. I am surprised we do not see more bearing failures than we have knowing how many were set up wrong.

Back