• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chain case problems

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha apex gt
New this this site I have a 07 apex gt I'm trying to separate my chain case all bolts are loose and the case will not move at all yes it has reverse please help thanks

New this this site I have a 07 apex gt I'm trying to separate my chain case all bolts are loose and the case will not move at all yes it has reverse please help thanks

Are all the bolts out? It can get stuck and maybe just tap on it with a rubber mallet as you pull out. You will also need to disconnect the reverse linkage so you can swing the reverse forks out of way on that last little bit.

Did you remember the bolt that secures the reverse gear? It's not just the outer edge bolts. This one is more central.

Don't forget the collar on the jack shaft. Small torx set screw needs loosened and collar slid on the shaft. If that's off then rubber mallet top right and bottom left to loosen the pins.

Ditto on the reverse gear bolt. I think it's an 8mm and had an rubber washer.

That damn reverse bolt had me cussing pretty good until I looked up how to open the case. Then I thought I was stupid. Its easy to take off now but can be a little tricky when putting it back on with the reverse and getting that lined up.

The put back is a little tricky the first time. Try the reverse on a stand before you fill it with fluid in case you need to re-open the case. Good luck

Going by memory isn't there a dowel or two that sometimes get seized? I think you have to wiggle the case off straight once all the screws are out.

Be careful when pulling it apart that you don't loose the small spring under the reverse gear. It's no bigger then a spring in retractable pen so it's easy to loose.

Back