• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chaincase oil Quantity and Type?

forestcity

Will be changing the chaincase oil soon and I can't seem to find in the manual or through a search on here how much oil it takes. I was going to use AMSOIL ATF, any other ideas? I know it says gear oil, however I have used ATF in other sleds with no problems. This is my first post and I have learned alot about the Phazer after discovering this site a year ago.

If you go to the dealer and buy yamalube chaincase oil. you just dump the whole container in there and thats it. Its already in the amount you need.

Just happen to have the service manual open here:

Recommended oil:
Gear oil "GL-3" 75W or 80W

Oil Capacity:
0.25L (0.22 Imp qt, 0.26 US qt)

Torque on oil drain bolt:
16 Nm (11 ft/lb)

With the chain case being an actual part of the frame, why would anyone take chances on a chain case? Put some oil in it and go.

O becaues some racers for get to put oil in the chaincase, then have to barrow parts from other races totaled sled. HAHAHA it true but I was joking around.

Did YOU do that? lol. Back in 94-95 i use to radar run, drag race my 440 XCR a lot, (lack of snow for trail riding i think) i forgot to take my 'saw blades' out during a phone call at my little shop, hung up, and buttoned my chaincase back up with the same gears for the next days 600 foot run. I had a hard time trying to figure out what was going on with my "once mastered" XCR! No where near the hard launch, it did have legs at 3/4 track tho!

I have been running amsoil chaincase for years. 1 time I broke a drive shaft and had to pull the chaincase to change the shaft. Of course i was in a hurry and forgot to bring the chaincaseoil to my buddies heated garage. We put it back together and I was supposed to fill it when I got home. the next weekend was our big bagger trip and we rode 1100 miles in 5 days. ...... I forgot to put the freakin oil in! Damn beer! If it wasn't Amsoil protecting the way it says it does, I would have had to replace everything in there from Bearings to the chain but the only thing I can attribute absolutely no damage to, was the Amsoil. It is a small price to pay for proven protection!
Here is a link with more information https://www.amsoil.com/catalog.aspx?cat ... zo=1130379

I ran Amsoil in all my pre-mix 440s and never had a problem! ran them at 50:1 instead of Doos recommended 32:1. Power valves got awefull dirty though! Ahhhh, four stroke, no more cleaning power valves!

i use synthetic artic blue from fleet farm. has some moly additive as well.
just dump the bottle in & you're good.

spike337 said:
Did YOU do that? lol. Back in 94-95 i use to radar run, drag race my 440 XCR a lot, (lack of snow for trail riding i think) i forgot to take my 'saw blades' out during a phone call at my little shop, hung up, and buttoned my chaincase back up with the same gears for the next days 600 foot run. I had a hard time trying to figure out what was going on with my "once mastered" XCR! No where near the hard launch, it did have legs at 3/4 track tho!

Well one of the racers was having trouble getting of the line andhe could not figuer out why. Then I totaled my race sled. He looked at his sled and opend the chain case. He saw no oil, seal shot, and bottom gear dystroyed. He took the seal, cover, and gear from my sled. Once I had a new chase and everthing he let my keep the clutch wights I borrowed form him. So it work out two ways.

Back