• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Christmas is Over! M-10 install

Strap wrench used, but the spring keeps turning with the x tube.
2017-02-11 15.05.01.jpg

I would have a few words for that spring. Can you try moving the strap up to the top by the collar so there is something for the strap to grab. If not you might have to pull the shock and clamp the collar in a vice to hold it while you turn the tube.

I would have a few words for that spring. Can you try moving the strap up to the top by the collar so there is something for the strap to grab. If not you might have to pull the shock and clamp the collar in a vice to hold it while you turn the tube.
Thanks Elton for taking the time. I think putting it in the vise is the way to go about it. However, the resevoir from the shock won't fit through the hole in the rail cause of the ace adjuster. You can't take the braided line from the resevoir off the shock without oil leaking correct?

That is correct. I never had one with the ACE set up but I did have the jack it is just the manual version. If you loosen the track and remove the rear wheel on the side of the reservoir than remove the front suspension wheel you will have access to all of the cross shafts. Loosen all the shafts and remove the bolts that hold the ACE in the suspension. Once the shock is unbolted lay it down and you should be enough gap to remove the ACE and then the shock reservoir. Just remember when you tighten all the cross shafts to use locktite on the threads. And no problem I wish I lived close I would help. If need be you can call me at six one zero six five three zero two nine seven.

That is correct. I never had one with the ACE set up but I did have the jack it is just the manual version. If you loosen the track and remove the rear wheel on the side of the reservoir than remove the front suspension wheel you will have access to all of the cross shafts. Loosen all the shafts and remove the bolts that hold the ACE in the suspension. Once the shock is unbolted lay it down and you should be enough gap to remove the ACE and then the shock reservoir. Just remember when you tighten all the cross shafts to use locktite on the threads. And no problem I wish I lived close I would help. If need be you can call me at six one zero six five three zero two nine seven.
You guys have been extremely helpful. Many thanks. I was afraid the ace adjuster would be a bitch to get out of the way. After I unbolted the shock yesterday and the resevoir wouldn't come with it I had to walk away from the sled. I soaked my sorrow/frustration in beer, but I'll tackle some more today.

AL, when you remove the rear wheel and loosen the cross shafts it is easy to spread the suspension rails enough to move the ACE out of the way. Glad to help I have learned and been helped by this site so all is good. Elton

Got the shock out and into the vise but that sucker still wouldn't budge. Soooo, I got a spring compressor, sprayed the crap out of the threads with blaster, compressed the spring and finally the collar busted free.
2017-02-19 00.45.11.jpg

You deserve a beverage or three for that. Does the ACE cycle the full distance? I'm wondering if you go to the full vertical on the ACE and set shock at full if it would make a difference.

You deserve a beverage or three for that. Does the ACE cycle the full distance? I'm wondering if you go to the full vertical on the ACE and set shock at full if it would make a difference.
If I didn't have the adjuster full vertical the sag was 8". Going to Northern Maine this weekend so I'll be able to test it all out. Thanks for the support.

Low Rider? 60 miles of beat trails. The rear arm broke @ the welds and snapped the shock in half. Cant wait to see what else got damaged.
2017-02-26 16.56.12.jpg

If anyone has reinforced M10 arm(s) I'd like to see pictures or get a description of how.

Back