• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clunking noise from drive train.

Daughter sled 09 vector ltx and i can not find were the noise is coming from. Only does when your just creeping along light throttle. Changed belt, primary and secondary clutch. Tore apart chain case and no change. Just bugging the heck out of me. My apex or rx1 don't do it.

If your going slow and going over mogals when it does it it's normal. It's the transfer rod. Lot's of posts on it. Search "clunking"

Looking at it today on the lift could'nt make it clunk. I than set the parking brake and I could do it when i just squeeze the gas just slightly. Sounds like from the chain case side. Going dig deeper when I get another pair of hands.

Had the same problem on my 06 Vector, thought it was in drivetrain, went thru chaincase, drivers, etcc. turned out to be a bad idler wheel and bearing, 25.00 fix, clunk went away! (It was very noticable at low speeds)

Check your belt closley for a flat spot on the sides of the belt. If the belt slips at engagement it can cause a narrow spot and that will clunk.

Back