• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

clutch fix info, update on page 2 ...

Here's a question.......I haven't checked yet, but if my dealer refuses to cover the shim kit under warranty....wouldn't it just be easier to pay for the kit, and install it myself. How hard is it to do, and do you need any special tools to do it.....other than maybe a clutch puller?

Yes, you would also need a stationary sheave holder and a grunt tool to spin the clutch apart. I have both...they aren't cheap. With Loctite and a few hundred pounds of torque they can be tough to get apart at times.

If you are willing to buy the parts and able to pull your own clutch....your dealer should be able to fix you up in under a half hours labor time.

Yeah, I don't have those tools, nor can I personally justify buying them for my personal use.

Are the dealers requiring customers to bring the entire sled in, or will they accept just the primary?

I hear you there Tfin. Can hardly justify going out and buying the tools for this. You'd think yamaha would have noticed or addressed this prior to production. I wonder if the 06's do it too.

"I wonder if the 06's do it too."
Well.....do the 06's have more cooling on them than the 05's? So......my guess is they prob fixed it......

Yesss!!!!!! :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon:
Finaly got a silent clutch!!!! :shock: This motor is just sweet without the disturbing rattle!!! What a difference! ;)! Just waiting for the weekend to put some more miles on it... :D

Picture of new clutch buttons

OK, guys, here is a picture of the new clutch buttons. Again, the kit comes with QTY=3 new-style Buttons and QTY=3 O-Rings in a zip-lock baggy.

Attachments

• New Clutch Button.jpg
    New Clutch Button.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 154
Does anyone know if this will fit the Venture as well? The reason I ask is the part number I got for the the shim fix did not fit the Venture. The clutch must be different than on the Vector.

62crusr said:
Does anyone know if this will fit the Venture as well? The reason I ask is the part number I got for the the shim fix did not fit the Venture. The clutch must be different than on the Vector.

For all the 3 cylinders that have the clanking noise, venture included :D

WIvector said:
some guy that rode the 06s in canada said the rs didn't have any clutch noises.

I believe the 06 protos and production models got these same parts.

62crusr said:
As you can see from my "handle", I've got a Venture, and yes, it will fit a Venture. Just cruising nowadays, and no more comments about diesel-sleds when we stop. Nice and quiet!!! ;)!

Attachments

• 041227_113247.jpg
    041227_113247.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 135
just had mine done yesterday,thanks to Bob and Jim at recreation plus in TwinLakes WI,Also had them check to make the sure the carbs were in sync all in less than a hour.What a difference! Now to make the track Quiet!

Trucknut - Is the track noise any better with the M-10 susp. than stock ? If not it shoots the theory of the slide rail angle on the stock susp. and the wheels.

Back