• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch Kit/track noise

yamahopper

Has anyone been to the Yamaha Demo day yet. We had one recently so I made a point to speak to the rep about the clutch noise on my Venture. He proceeded to tell me to call my dealer and have him call his RTA and ask for the kit for the clutch. Well the dealer never heard of such a thing and said unless Yamaha sends the kits that I should not worry about it. Well needless to say I was not very happy. Now not only do I have to listen to the annoying track noise, I still have to listen to the clutch when I idle, you can't win. Has anyone else had any luck with getting either of these item fixed??

Talked to my dealer today,he said he wasn't sure if kits were available all around yet but he was calling Yamaha for me,so he could do it at my 500 mi check up.I also mentioned track noise and got the "thats an agressive track" thing.Mine is studded and I think that adds some noise,but it seemed noisey before too.

I have also talked to two dealers in my area and they both said that they didnt know anything about a clutch fix.So I called Yamaha for the second time and got the same BS that they were aware of the problem but were not issueing a bulletin for it at this time. I was going to wait till the end of the season anyway but now I am nervous that I am going to have to fight to get this thing taken care of.

I heard about the Clutch Fix on this TY website, consequently I ask my Dealer. At first he said he wasn't aware of any updates, I told him to call the Yamaha Service Rep and ask. He called me back within a few days and said the kit was on its way and he would hold it until I could find time to take my Venture in to have it installed.

went into my dealer and asked him if he knew if they were puttin the clutch fixes on the rs series sleds. he said he didnt know of any fixes. so he went back into the shop and pat hauck came out and said YES OF COURSE, all we have to do is order the kit and then we'll let u know when it comes in. if ur in the wisconsin area...go to pat haucks in RICE LAKE....i'd call them first tho. ask for either pat or rusty. they'll know what ur tlakin about.

Yamaha Canada has the o-ring fix coming out in a kit at the end of the month.

As soon as they are available, my dealer is going to install on my sled.

I had the shim/clutch fix put in my clutch at 500 miles back in December on my RS/Venture. The O ring fix was not out yet . My dealer did say the noise would probably come back with the shim fix when it started to wear and he was right.

The noise is just starting to come back now with over 2700 miles on it.

My dealer is going to do the O ring fix for me when I want him to. It only took about 15 minutes to do the shim job, so I am guessing the O ring will be about the same amount of time. Not a big deal.

Think snow!!!!

I did have the new clutch kit installed on my Vector since the beginning of January. I have been testing the new clutch kit for Yamaha and they wanted at least a couple of thousand miles and get some feedback before releasing this kit to all dealers. I just came back from my snowmobile trip this weekend and I'm not 100% satisfied with it. It is much better than without it but you can still hear some rattles at idle and on acceleration. It was ok on the first 500 miles and then the noise started back but never got worst after. I put 2000 miles on with this kit. I brought the point to my dealer and he was going to contact the manufacture to let them know about it. Now we just have to wait and see what Yamaha will do. Are they going to revamp a new clutch or will they still hand out this O-rings kit?

Back