• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch Noise Sollution?????

dburrowes

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha Viper LTX-SE
A while back I posted regarding the clutch noise on my 08 and now 10 nytro. I accepted the fact that this is the only downside to my rocketship.

The bolts and sheaves on the primary that hold the weights on seem to be the cause of the annoying rattle. I have seen a post about grinding down the collar so that the bolts snug up to the housing. I wondered if I could just put a couple of nylon washers on each side of the nut/bolt to stop it from sliding back and forth.

Does anyone know of any downside to this repair.

Just an update on the Clutch Post……..I have installed the nylon washers on the bolts and lo and behold, my machine sounds like a super smooth Apex. I can’t believe the difference. In saying this I have not been able to test out the clutch other than running it up until it engages. It doesn’t seem to make any performance difference at this time. Will update as soon as the snow flies!!!

another fix...hopefully so...I question the longevity of the nylon washers though...

Pics of the Fix

This shows the blue nylon washers that I just put on.

Attachments

• IMG00074-20100906-0915.jpg
    IMG00074-20100906-0915.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 911
ah...thats a different place than I figured you were applying them...that will last no problem..

if its working...good fix!

Thanks SJ

I will be keeping this post updated as I run my machine quite frequently over the summer/fall

I am however very excited about curing the only beef I had with my machine.

I will try this too. The noise drives me nuts cause it sounds like an old beat up sled from the early 90's. Meanwhile, my 05 Rx-1 that I just hammer every season is smooth as silk. Not acceptable. Hope this works.

where di you get the washers from and what is the O.D, I.D. and thickness

I have too much pride in my brand and ride I guess. If I wanted a sled that sounded cheap then I would have bought a cheap sled.

Back