• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch problems 06 Attak & what kit is this?

NB-Snowgoer

I'm a new owner of a "06 Attak. I don't know much background on the sled, but I was told it had a clutch kit installed, and I had the stock stuff given to me. I have no idea what kit is installed, and thats one of my questions, what kit comes with a inner primary sheave, a black w/a white dot sec. spring, and a diff. helix? My other problem is the belt squeals and chatters really bad! I have to feather the throttle to get it going every time I stop now. After it gets going, it works great. It didn't do it too bad at the first of the day, but it got progressively worse. Visual ck. not knowing much about the sled, the belt looks pretty loose in the bottom of the primary sheaves, and looks like it is sticking a bit in the seconary. I tried another belt and it worked the same. I went through a lot of the old discussions in here and found nobody having the same problem. If anybody has any input on this it will be appreciated.

if the inner primary sheave has been changed it is probably an overdrive sheave. did you get the stock one with the sled? if you were given the stock clutch arms back you can always re-install them, as the stock clutching is a good all round setup. its hard to tell what setup is in your sled now without pictures, as many companies make kits with different colour springs. as for the secondary, the belt height is adjustable by removing clutch and adding or removing washers from under the 3 small bolts on the back side. adding washers will raise belt height (sounds like its needed) removing washers will lower belt height.

thanks grader, I,ve got the sec. clutch off now. I'm wondering if the belt is supposed to be wider with the od sheave because the sled came w/a dayco belt on it. I'm going to ck the belt # at the dealer today.

Throw in a new stock 8DN belt. The chatter at low speed can come from a burnt spot on the belt. If one tries to take off and the track won't turn, the primary often slips the belt and burn the cooling cogs on the inside as well as a spot on the sides of the belt.

the chatter sounds like a broken cam slide on the secondary but thats easy to spot just by looking at the secondary on the sled and rotating the clutch to see all 3 buttons ,could be a worn bushing too so the sheaves are out of square with each other

Well after a new yammi belt,checking & adjusting the secondary clutch, & setting spring tension to 60, I went out for a ride this weekend. Works great now. Thanks to everyone for the help! :yam:

Back