• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trail Terminator kit on an Attak

KevinS

Expert
Anyone using this kit on an Attak? Installed this kit and I can't pull the RPMs. I am barely pulling 10,200 and that is on a very long pull. With the stock cluthing I can hit 11k.

What do you have the secondary wrap at? Sled Werx recommends 6-2 but I think that is too tight for the white attak spring. I am running it at 3-3 but I also tried it at 6-1.

Going to try new buttons, belt and secondary spring. I have also changed the primary cover bushing.

I have a 128" and I ran the white spring at 3-3 and had no problems pulling RPM. I actually went up two sizes on the set screw from where they gave me a starting point. New sec. spring can't hurt so you know you are good there. What are you running for the set screw?

nailsandrails said:
I have a 128" and I ran the white spring at 3-3 and had no problems pulling RPM. I actually went up two sizes on the set screw from where they gave me a starting point. New sec. spring can't hurt so you know you are good there. What are you running for the set screw?

When I tried it I was running the weights empty.

Something isn't right then. Let us know the results after making the changes you mentioned.

nailsandrails said:
Something isn't right then. Let us know the results after making the changes you mentioned.

I had a similar problem when I was running the Super Rats with a heel clicker black spring. RPMs were right where they were supposed to be then I swapped the 1.5" Ripsaw I had been running down to a 1" Hacksaw and the RPMs went down to below 10k.

I have no problems pulling RPMs with the stock clutching though. The stock weights are a lot heavier too. I don't really understand.

KevinS said:
nailsandrails said:

I had a similar problem when I was running the Super Rats with a heel clicker black spring. RPMs were right where they were supposed to be then I swapped the 1.5" Ripsaw I had been running down to a 1" Hacksaw and the RPMs went down to below 10k.

I have no problems pulling RPMs with the stock clutching though. The stock weights are a lot heavier too. I don't really understand.
what are you using for a helix

Primetime said:
KevinS said:
nailsandrails said:

what are you using for a helix

I had been running the stock helix but the trail terminator kit comes with a helix. Not sure what it is.

nailsandrails said:

Zero difference. Here is what I did.

Took off the primary and gave it a good cleaning
Changed the bushing in the primary cover
replaced the secondary spring
replaced the secondary buttons
installed a brand new belt

I still can only get my RPMs to 10k with the weights empty and the secondary spring at 3-3. I emailed S-Werx but the only thing they could suggest was setting the wrap at 6-2. I asked if they had run the white spring at 6-2 before but he mentioned that they had not done any testing on an Attak.

Installed the stock setup again and went for a 270 mile run this past Sun and had no problems getting to 10,6k.

I might try with the kit's Dalton weights and the stock primary spring and see how it works.

Hmmm Are you running on good hardpack? I can't remember if their helixes are marked. Could they have sent you the wrong one? You are running the hacksaw track now correct? I wonder if you are not getting traction with the aftermarket weights and they are overshifting. When you said you went from a 1.5 ripsaw to a hacksaw and RPM went down... that doesn't make sense... unless it is now overshifting. Have you made a run where you ease into it the entire way up to full throttle and see if RPM is any higher?

Back