• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutch weights

polarisconvert

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 Yamaha RX1
Ted Jennety Clutching, jetting, air box mod.
Arctic Cat Z1 Turbo 128" Rear Suspension
128" Hacksaw 1" track.
Heated seat
What adjustable clutch weights would you guys suggest. I would like to add some more nitrous but I am already at 11000 rpms on 30 hp.

Thanks

The STM's are very adjustable.
Maybe you can provide more info on the sled.

It is a bone stock 2007 Attak that is studded
I had a 2005 RX1 that had a lot of work done to it and this was just a spare sled. I sold the RX1 and started into looking at mods for this sled but did not want to spend that much money on an old sled. The nitrous kit came up for sale and I decided to try it out. I would be interested in any clutching suggestions. Thanks

Very cool! I'm still strongly considering a 20-30hp shot for mine. Just wanna join the 200 club.
What is your current clutch setup?
I'm sure some others will be able to chime in on some potential setups.
I started with Ulmers base setup and have tuned it to my hp level.
IMO 30hp jump is a GOOD addition as there won't be as much of a complication in good setups when your not spraying.
The STM setup seems to respond well over a range of hp levels.
Actually, 11k on the juice sounds like a good number to me.
As long as your not bumping the rev limiter, you should be ok.

Very cool! I'm still strongly considering a 20-30hp shot for mine. Just wanna join the 200 club.
What is your current clutch setup?
I'm sure some others will be able to chime in on some potential setups.
I started with Ulmers base setup and have tuned it to my hp level.
IMO 30hp jump is a GOOD addition as there won't be as much of a complication in good setups when your not spraying.
The STM setup seems to respond well over a range of hp levels.
Actually, 11k on the juice sounds like a good number to me.
As long as your not bumping the rev limiter, you should be ok.

The clutch set up is stock

Spoke with Alan Ulmer this morning about a clutch set up. He suggested a second option by using a Power Commander Wideband 2 Programmer. He said it would be a little more money but that he could bump up the rev limiter to 12k and not have to change the stock clutching. That would allow the sled to perform as stock off the button but have enough rpm to use the 50 hp shot with out bouncing off of the limiter. He is thinking the sled will run about 11,500 rpms with a 50 hp shot. I like this idea

Back